MP3 and AVI

hi all… just recently i have bought my cloud 3tb… it seems to be a nice device but just now i have noticed few for me very anoying issues which i would like to share with you and asking for help…

back up all my mp3 library with precise id3 tags… it is nice i can share them all over the house but problem is, it seems the wd my cloud or twonky destroying my id3 tags or it can play the mp3 files just in alpabetial order which is absolutely useles for me, because almost all the mp3 files beginning with number for example 01 vvvvvvv, 02 sssss, 03 ddddd,04 aaaa but it shows me just in alphabetical order so aaaaa,ddddd,sssss,wwwww … is there a way how to sort it out?

another issue is with video… doesnt show me all the video files i have loaded to wd my cloud… i can see them if i checking them via pc, but cant watch them on my tvs or wd tv… it is just avi files… again, any help? thank you

Music:

I’m guessing you’re browsing in Folder or Artist mode.    These modes will organize them by alphabetical order according to the defined ID3 tag.

Most other modes (Album, Genre, etc) will organize by the track order defined in the ID3 tags.

Video:  Video takes longer to index.

hi,

music:

no, not really, if i mount on my pc the public shares and i am going to listen something for example in winamp, it is in alphabetical order, so ignores any numbers… this issue is everywhere…

video: tried to rescan the library few times, still the same issue… and the funny thinks is, i cant see the video on twonky ui… but i can see it in windows browser…:slight_smile:

I guess it’s a WinAmp problem?  (Never used it.)

But when I browse the Cloud via WIndows Media Player, I select

Select The NAS

Select MUSIC

Select Album

Select an Album

… all the tracks are listed in Track order:

So, at least with Windows Media Player (and several other DLNA devices I have) they’re all listed in track order.

cEvin wrote:

video: tried to rescan the library few times, still the same issue… and the funny thinks is, i cant see the video on twonky ui… but i can see it in windows browser…:slight_smile:

Windows Browser?   What are you referring to?  Windows Browser doesn’t browse Twonky (DLNA) servers.

Are you talking about  Windows Media Player?

Please post a screen shot of what you’re seeing.