Movie Genre Thumbs, plus link to others

“Teen Wolf” is pretty Fuzzy … you are googling images & clicking “View Original Image” ?

He’s a werewolf…of course he is fuzzy :smileyvery-happy:

1 Like

@wdtvhub

lol :smileyvery-happy:   here’s another ‘Fuzzy/Fozzy’ picture then … at least it’s not as blurry as a Werewolf :wink:

@ JoeySmith, Teen Wolf is fuzzy because I had to enlarge the resolution to get the picture to work on the hub, otherwise it wouldnt look right. So smaller pic enlarged does equal the fuzzy, couldnt find any other pics than this one.

moved

@dudeman316

Quote: Redone, maybe I didnt click on original image on this one, but here it is redone with the image you posted

no “maybe” about it … you did’nt.

also i highly recommend  http://www.themoviedb.org/  as a source for movie fanart / wallpaper.

eg. a quality comparison

and this from the moviedb.org  (better quality, no black borders, no vertical squishing)

1 Like

i am adding the black borders, so it looks better on the hub

@ JoeySmith wanted to say thank for point out the ite, I’m finding way better artwork :slight_smile:

@dudeman316

Quote: i am adding the black borders, so it looks better on the hub

I’m assuming you’re doing this to compensate for your TV’s “Overscan” ?  (which if the case, your TV is clipping the images)

This doesent occur on TV’s with No Overscan (most modern TV’s have no overscan or have an option to turn it on or off)

Have you tried the Hub setting " Screen Size Calibration" ?  to compensate for TV’s with Overscan

example:   Setup > Appearance > Screen Size Calibration > 95%

1 Like

@ Dudeman316

Whilst I appreciate all your hard work on your Movie Sheet Sets, I think you should have a moment of repose and consider creating your own post so that pearl’s original post of  Movie Genre Thumbs  remains as the author’s intention.

keep up your creative and enthusiatic work!

@ architectonic, I was actually asked by pearl to post my stuff I have made & will make here.

Well to each their own opinions

but my perspective

it’s a forum on themeing

and the thread is titled  “Move Genre Thumbs, plus link to others”

while I’m not using the images myself I’m sure some people appreciate them

and it seems to be on topic

thanks KAD,  I started out making linksheets for some of my own collections, & sharing those, & when  I get bored I try to think of other collections & just make linksheets & collection thumbs to share. I share them just incase someone else wants to use them & I dont mind doing the & again I am open for requests. :slight_smile:

Collection Thumbs Comic Book & Super Heroes found HERE

Collection Thumbs Sci-Fi/Fantasy found HERE

Collection Thumbs Horror found HERE

Collection Thumbs Action found HERE

Collection Thumbs Adventure found HERE

Collection Thumbs Comedy found HERE

Collection Thumbs Thriller/Suspense HERE

Collection Thumbs Other found HERE

Collection Thumbs Actors found HERE

Yeah, I started the post, and invited anyone who wanted to add their linksheets, folder JPEGs etc to post them so we would have them all in one place. Works fine for me, and I appreciate anyone (that’s you dudeman) who wants to contribute and generously give back to the community.

That was the point of my original post. To have one simple to access post that people could easily find and get genre and linksheet JPEGs ithout having to search through dozens of posts. Just an idea, and maybe not for everyone, but that was my intent. We now have great collection here, and easy for anyone, and especialy new members to find a whole bunch of stuff to get started with, and perhaps some ideas on how they can make their own. Thanks to all who have contributed.

And yes, I did PM dudeman and ask if he would post some of the stuff he had been making. 

Each to his own I guess… and I still invite anyone who wants to contribute to this thread to add their work.  Any way any of us can give back to community is a good thing.

-P

1 Like

Anyone interested in themed linksheets for Coco with dudeman’s art?

1 Like

@dudeman316 and pearl

Ok, No Probs then. I apologise to you both for my presumptions.

wow flhthemi looks good! and no worries architectonic :slight_smile:

@architectonic - no worries my friend, all`s well.

-P

hi

Sorry if i sound thick lol but how to i get theses to look like this on my wdtv live hub as they look brilliant

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

depends on how you display movie sheets

these are primarily geared towards the linksheets method

which is an advanced method for displaying sheets for movies and folders

you need to be using a linksheet compatible theme  for it to work

if you want to use these with regular xml files, it will only work for actual files not folder

and the xml’s must point to the image, which you’ll need to download and store on your hdd