Miracast setup not available on my WD LiveTV

I’m unable to enable Miracast on my WD LiveTV boxes. I don’t have the option under ‘Network Settings’ for Wireless Display (Miracast) to enable. I’m running an older version of firmware because I need Netflix support which is missing in later versions

“Miracast” was added the older 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player as of Firmware 2.02.32
(Miracast has always been featured on the 2014 WDTV Firmware 1.00.42 since it’s release)

What Firmware Revision are you running ? eg. Setup > About

that will clear up any confusion as to what device you have

Okay then my WD TV Live must be older because Netflix is supported (see attached) and that is the reason I have updated my firmware to a non-Netflix supported version. I found this out the hard way after losing Netflix after a firmware update so I restored an older firmware version.

So if I understand correctly I cannot have Miracast and Netflix with WD TV Live???

A moderator moved your post to the correct forum

(you originally posted in the WDTV Media Player forum which is the 2014 version which does not support Netflix)

Anyways …

For Miracast to be available on the WDTV Live Streaming you need Firmware 2.02.32 or Higher
(it was added in 2.02.32 [see release notes below] … Miracast is NOT available on FW 2.01.86)

AFAIK Netflix is still supported on the WDTV Live Streaming no matter which Firmware you are using.

Maybe try the Latest Firmware ? 2.03.20