Mionet

I browsed thru this forum and unable to locate upload/download section. If you know where it is located, please provide me a link and I will upload it…

Did you Zip file it? Just a thought. Also there are some free tools to send large files to each somebody else.

I did try to zip the file but it hardly made any difference (compression only saved .5MB)…

Timspringett2, PM your e-mail address and I will send you information to be able to download the file…

Amean1 - had a bit of a result this morning I’ve manage to down load the 64 bit installation from the MioNet site.  Maybe the end is in sight.  Has anyone managed to log in yet?

As soon as I can I going to move all the data off this hard drive, and have a re-think.  What is everyone else going to do?

Tim

Good point I think we all need to re-think ever again using WD products. We have been down so long on Mionet that I have lost business.  I have two ITs that could have got this site back up much sooner. First it was the weekend and then Monday what next will it be next Month?? I still say if they would have given some kind of warning or even sent a mail out when it went down people wouldn’t  be half  as upset.

I have been trying to login almost every hour since yesterday morning hoping to be able to access my drive. I also tried few times this morning and still not working. I did check mionet download site and that is indeed working and you can now download the software again. 

I will be moving my data out of my drive as soon as I can access it as well. I also have to think about how I am going to manage my data going forward. My trust in WD products is no longer the same as before. I currently own multiple WD products and always has been my #1 choice when it comes to storage. However, this long outage has made me re-think about purchasing WD products in the future.

My biggest disappointment with WD is that they should’ve known the impact to their user base and advised us upfront so we could take appropraite steps to ensure that our data is accessible. Not only they did not do that, but when they discover that mionet is down, they had to know that this will not be fixed within 24 hours and should have notified their userbase of this issue with a game plan immediately…

w334plan this upgrade correproperly as you expect any company to doand notify their customers of this change 

I also have been trying to get on Mionet about every hour. I agree with you about re-thinking the use of WD products. This is not the first time I have had problems with them. I have three hard drives that are paper weights because they didn’t work right out of the box. They are the green verison. I can see why people are upset. I thought that was a stroke of madness for the President of WD to send out a letter AFTER the fact in regard to MyCloud users. He should have got off the golf course and sent out a letter to everyone when their stuff refused to work. I got a email telling me they were going to charge my card for my use on Mionet, something they always do, really ??? I don’t mind paying for service but I have not had service with this company. Something else is going on with them, think about it, they are HUGE in the computer business but they can’t get anyone in the company to get this thing back up…come on!

There are so many negative things to say about this experience that we could all go on forever.

The words incompetent and insensitive don’t even come close. Their attemps at communication were also absurd and continue to this point. Really?? Last update was Friday for a Monday ETA, which they missed. Absurd.

I for one have nothing to re-think. As soon as I can get my data off of this piece of **bleep**, that is the end. I’ll never spend a dollar on a WD product again. Too bad, I don’t even think they understand the harm they’ve caused.

As they say, “we appreciate your patience.” Right.

I just contacted WD support again few minutes ago and they are pretty much sticking to the same script as what we have been hearing for last few days that they are working on it and hope to have this problem resolved soon…Monday April 7th to have the mionet server restored is no longer mentioned…

Following is the update on WD website…It is interesting that they they mention in the announcement below “we have discovered an unexplained spike in reconnections beyond the volume of users”. Really???

WD personal cloud owner,

Update: April 7, 2014 @ 9:30PM PST

As of April 3, remote access to My Cloud and My Book Live personal cloud storage has been re-established. If you are still experiencing issues reconnecting and you have already rebooted your drive, we encourage you to contact us atmycloud@wd.com.

We would like to reiterate that your stored data was not affected by this service interruption. The purpose of our servers is to authenticate access to your device remotely, while your data remains safe on your own home network. 

If you haven’t already viewed our FAQ page, we encourage you to do so by  clicking here for more information.

We are also working to restore services for our Mionet customers who are experiencing issues connecting to their remote access service. While our servers can handle multiple reconnections after failure, we have discovered an unexplained spike in reconnections beyond the volume of users. 

The safety of your data and the ability to access it from anywhere are of extreme importance to us. We will continue to keep you updated as we investigate the root cause of this issue to prevent future service interruptions.

just tried to log in on the MioNet website and it looks like they are starting to get this sorted as the page now opens, however it doesn’t log in and the following message is displayed

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: https://mionet.senvid.net/downloads/MioNetApplet.jar

Anyone else had any luck?

No luck yet. I have been able to get on the Mionet page for a few days. You can’t sign in and most of the links don’t work. Everyone is right, they said they would have it up over the weekend and then said Monday. I guess they think just because they didn’t say WHAT Monday they are covered. I know they have lost a BUNCH of customers. I do a morning radio show and we have been covering WD on these issues. Response has been pretty much cold toward WD. We have heard some real horror stories from some of our listners. One guy said he burned a bunch of his WD hard drives and would NEVER use a WD product again. Most of our coverage had been in the form of no information from WD. Again if they would have sent a mail out as soon as this happend I wouldn’t have been so upset. I have wasted a bunch of time working on this and it seems WD could care less.

We’re experiencing the same thing.  I’m done with WD, personally, after this.  We’ve paid for Mionet service at work, where I first used it but, after having 3 MyWorldBook white lights go belly up in a little over a year (ya think HEAT had anything to do with that?), I bought a Buffalo for the office and took the last WD drive home for personal use, where it’s actually been working well.  We use PAID Mionet for file-swapping and access from home to our server since the drive is no longer being used.  I’ll have to be sure to have the bookkeeper check our charges to see if they’ve charged us, though I’ve not seen any emails to that effect.  Absolutely ludicrous situation and am just glad our NAS is strictly for backup purposes and not main storage.  BTW, it’s 1:40 PM TUESDAY and we still can’t log in to Mionet or our Mionet account.  Thank G*d for Carbonite…

Options???  So what are the options???  I don’t think I can stand to contact customer support again…they are not very helpful besides telling me that the server went down last weekend…I’ve got all my tax files & my iTunes files on the WD drive that I use…ridiculous if I can’t access it anymore…I’m not an IT guy and I’m at a loss!!!  Anyone have suggestions, or success???

At this point best option appears to be just to wait it out and hopefully they will be able to restore mionet authentication server in a day or so.

Alternative option is to open the drive case and pull the SATA drive out and install it in the PC as the only drive and boot Ubunto (linux) off of a CD/DVD to be able to get to your data. You will find a process earlier in this thread added by another contributor who has apparently tried the steps in the past to be able to access the data.

I am also desperate for files that are my work related and needed to complete my project that is due end of this week. Needless to say that I also have tons of other personal information as well that I use almost daily which is also causing lot of grieve…

Amean1: I have computers that are up to fifty miles from me that I need to be able to get into. This has cost me money and business. I think I am through with WD in any form. Make you a bet?? Bet the president of WD sends out a letter when and if they get this thing fixed. A letter AFTER the fact means nothing, That is like saying “I’m sorry I ran over your cat” You killed the cat and there is no excuse for that.

I agree with you warangel1. All I hear from WD is apologies everytime I call them. At this point I am questioning how much effort is WD placing on this problem, because it is ridiculous to think that to bring up servers and restore data would take 10+ days and counting…

Also, WD is not living up to their commitment when they first stated that mionet should be fixed over the weekend and then it was Monday the 7th and now it is Wednesday and still no word when this problem will be fixed…

Last night at 9:00 pm CDT you could sign in on the mionet web site and see your computers, all of which were  blacked out. I think they are working on it but either they are NOT the right people to do this or they are using the guys that put together Obamacare. I can’t wait until they try to charge my card. I plan on blocking that charge at my bank, I mean I am not going to pay for a service that I don’t have and have not had.

I hope that they are not planning to charge customers for something they are not delivering. If anything, they should consider providing free subscription for at least a year for the serious impact this problem is causing their customers. 

I’m repeating myself from an earlier post, but it bears saying again. This support group is incompetent and insensitive… a great combination. It is quite obvious that this isn’t a priority or even a concern to them. It is impossible to take this long to reconstruct authentication servers. It isn’t rocket science. They simply don’t care about the inconvenience to their impacted customers.

It’s the new WD… [Deleted] I will no longer use their products or services(?) even if they were free. That would be overpriced in my book. They should OWE me money for lost time, effort and anguish.

Here’s hoping for this week sometime… or maybe next Monday.

I’m assuming no ones been able to get there data yet?  I’ve just tried website and then the Mionet software with no luck.