Mionet

I’ve got the same issues.  However when I try to get to the MioNet web loging it returns a “page can not be displayed” message. 

Did you find away to get to the data on the non public area of the drive?  I’m at a point where I just want to get my data and walk away, shame as it’s been really good?

If your data is in “non-public” folder than in my opinion either you wait for mionet services to be restored, or may have to consider opening the book and take the drive out and install it in the PC and use ubunto OS that supposedly will allow you to retrieve your data. You will find the procedure earlier in this thread that supposedly has been tried before and works.

For my drive which is a WD 1TB NAS (Blue Rings), I did ask WD level 2 support and he did acknowledge that taken the drive out and installing inside the PC running windows will not work since the drive internal code is based on linux, however if it is installed in the linux machine than it is doable…

I finally received another email response from WD Support (?) saying “This issue with our servers was resolved, if you keep having problems please reboot the device and the remote access should be working again. If problem persist,please reply to this email and I will escalate the case for further support.”

I responded that my problem was not resolved and that many others according to this forum still have the issue also. I haven’t heard back as to an “escalation.” Boy, that sounds great, right? I really don’t think they know what they are doing. And BTW, why do they recommend rebooting the device when MioNet has nothing to do with that when going to the WD MioNet access servers? More confusion…

The absurdity continues…

Here is the latest response to me from WD non-Support after last telling me the issues had been resolved:

"WD has officially posted an update regarding this:

We are also aware of issues that our Mionet customers are experiencing in utilizing their remote access service. We are making progress in restoring access to the authentication servers and expect to start restoring Mionet services on Monday April 7. Thank you for your patience."

Source: http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?level1=9&lang=en

Take a look… This posting couldn’t have been hidden any bettter than they did with a scrolling un-related headline on a Download Support page. All of their IT staff must have quit and left town last month. This is the most incredibly bad service that I have ever seen!! I presume they had to buy a new server from Best Buy and re-code their software from scratch??

Amean1 - thanks, i’m getting close to that stage.  Having just seen another post staying it’ll be fixed by Monday so might just wait.  tim

slightly more worring it I removed all copies of MioNet from my computer, this was before I found out other people where having trouble, and know when you go to the MioNet site the download area link no longer works…

I think this was related to the wdCloud and not to the Mionet.

I finally received another email response from WD Support (?) saying “This issue with our servers was resolved, if you keep having problems please reboot the device and the remote access should be working again. If problem persist,please reply to this email and I will escalate the case for further support.”

I downloaded mionet 4.2.27 (43MB) last week when I first across mionet login issues and will forward you a file if you need it. However, last week I did uninstall mionet from one of my machines and tried re-installing mionet, but since their server is down, I am unable to complete registration process in order to finish installation…

I just noticed that I also received an e-mail from WD president earlier today…

Dear Customer,

At WD, our commitment to you is reliable, secure and easily accessible storage for your most valuable content. This past week you may have experienced a service disruption for our personal cloud products. If you have been directly affected by this, I want to extend my personal, sincerest apology.

We understand how important your content is to you, your business and your family. Our customers are the reason we strive each day to make better products and services that enable you to enjoy this content. Your entire digital life must be safely stored and readily accessible, and is what makes the WD personal cloud, personal. While your data has remained safe and accessible in your home or office, the service disruption may have temporarily prevented some of you from remotely accessing that content. We’ve dedicated the past week to restoring your remote access as quickly as possible.

Your feedback to us has been invaluable. All of us at WD are committed to minimizing downtime and ensuring the service information we provide is valuable and frequent. We already have implemented important changes to our infrastructure and network capability. While we have validated the vast majority of your remote connections, we continue our focus on providing uninterrupted access from your phone, tablet or computer. Your content deserves nothing less.

We recognize the importance of our role in your digital life and we will continue working relentlessly to deliver the great products and services you have come to expect from WD. For more information about our personal cloud service restoration, I encourage you to visit wd.com.

Sincerely,

Jim Murphy
President, WD Subsidiary

I just realized that this message was already posted above earlier today. I apologize for being redundant!

Here is a message related to restoration of mionet authentication servers on Monday April 7th…

WD personal cloud owner,

Update: April 4, 2014 @ 6:20PM PST

As noted in yesterday’s update, most My Cloud and My Book Live device owners are now connected. If you do not have a remote connection to your device, please reboot it – but only if you do not have a remote connection.

We are also aware of issues that our Mionet customers are experiencing in utilizing their remote access service. We are making progress in restoring access to the authentication servers and expect to start restoring Mionet services on Monday April 7. Thank you for your patience.

However I still can’t log in on the website and the download site is also not linking

http://www.mionet.com/download/Index.aspx

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the 64 bit MioNet

Tim at this point it wouldn’t matter you would still have to connect to Mionet and as we know it still is not working. Late Sunday and still no Mionet . Been down now over a week and has cost me money. My complaint, as I told support, is that nobody from WD told us it was going down. I could have been ready for it if given some kind of warning.

I received a response on an open case related to the “Mionet” issue from WD support this morning as follows. I hope that they are right and services will be restored tomorrow…

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is Hxxxx. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you are experiencing. There was a server issue that was preventing the remote access service from working properly, For Mionet the estimate is for this Monday 07 for it to start working properly again.

Lets hope it happens today but don’t hold your breath. They also said that it would happen this last weekend.

Still no connection here… let`s hope it will be fixed today…  this is the worst downtime i ve seen in my life :stuck_out_tongue:

I am cautiously optimistic and hope today is the day, however WD give themselves a ‘wiggle room’ by using words like “expect to start restoring mionet on Monday”, so lets see what happens by the end of the day today!

Just  tried the web log in and the down load site - still nothing.  Guess we have to wait until the end of Monday USA time?

Amean1 - could you forward the installation file you down loaded?  I’ve got a horrible feeling that even if MioNet log in re-appears they will not re-post the software?  Cheers Tim

timspringett2, installation file is 43MB so will not go thru e-mail since most of the e-mail’s allow up to 25MB attachments.

I am not sure if this forum allows upload/download section, if so I will go ahead and upload the file, otherwise we have to think about another way to get the file over to you… 

Amean1 - thank you.  Did you manage to up load? Tim