Microsoft mouse going nuts when i use passport ultra

i have several of these drives & a real old one all of them work fine except for this one
when i use it on a windows 10 computer it makes my mouse jump all over the place,& barely can make it do what i need it to do,when i unhook it my mouse acts fine again
i have a hp all in 1.along with a microsoft wireless mouse, just got the computer monday,as soon as it got hooked up it did a ton of updates be fore i even hooked up any drives
i dont have them going at the same time whenever i need something off of 1 of them i just hook it up then when i get done i eject it then

There was a post here a few years ago I was involved with related to this kind of issue. With the help of Google I found it again at this site.

It is caused by RF interference from the USB 3 plug or port. BE SURE to click on the link Tony provides early on in the post to an Intel URL.(https://www.intel.it/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.pdf )
It explains in detail what is likely happening.

Let me know if you come up with a solution.

Hi,

Thanks … I had found that white paper subsequently. Eventually an upgrade
to the wifi modem resolved the issue; original modem was 2.4GHz only and
new one has 5GHz dual band. So it does seem that white paper was correct.

Claudio

A 2.4G only ROUTER definitely was an oldie. Glad issue is resolved.

You might want to upgrade your modem to a DOCCIS 3 model, too.

so what you are saying here is & on the paper that my usb posrts are too close & need to be shielded
this is a new machine i got almost a week ago,theres only 5 of them and they are really close together,the other machine i had they was spead out & i had them front & back as with this one there all on the back

I do not have this issue, so all I know about the problem is described in the shared post and Intel white paper. My Logitech mouse 2.4G wireless receiver for my Win 7 and Win 10 PCs is plugged into a USB hub away somewhat from next to the PC. I have no other info to tell you about this issue other than what I have already shared. Sorry. Maybe some googling can shed more light.