Media Library WdTV Live Compiling for ever........?

Hi

Like I said in my previous mail I had about 20 attempts before it compled ok.  Then after latest upgrade it has not been a problem either.  I cant figure it out…

My method for what it;s worth is this;-

1)Turn off compling media library, Turn off WD media player

2)Connect PHD allow media player to “read” (PHD now available through “files”)

3) Turn on complle media library, give it say 10/15 minutes

4) if it hasnt complied by now it’s not going to. If “frozen” disconnect and start again.

5) keep repeating…it will work eventually (did for me anyway :slight_smile:

Just wanted to note another instance of this in case support is reading. Just bought the WD TV Live. Right out of the box, connected to the network and updated firmware. Pointed the library to my two primary media folders, both windows network shares with read/write. It can see the files fine, and the library appears to be at least mostly populated, but it never stops compiling. Tried the advice above. Turned off media library. Cleared media library. Deleted .wdtv folders from shared drives. Turned on media library. Same issue. I’m really not in the mood to mess with it any more than that. I’m OK getting to videos through the file menu. But I would appreciate it if support would let me know if the issue is fixed so that I can re-enable the library.

I also had the compiling problem and reading through this forum someone had mentioned a problem with the .wdtv directory. I looked in there and noticed an incomplete file that looked like it had been a result of an interrupted media scan. Deleted the entire directory, rescanned the library and problem solved