Lightroom Classic Local Library Storage Location

Hey, All,

I have owned the 4TB My Cloud Home drive, and have used it as my Adobe Lightroom Classic Local Storage location for my photo files for some time now (instead of storing the images on my computer HD). I have this My Cloud Home NAS drive mapped to my finder on my MacBook Pro, using the WD Discovery Desktop app the drive launches every time I turn on the computer, and stays listed as a drive location in my finder at all times to be referenced by Lightroom when editing images.

This Home drive has its limitations, and speed is one of them. In addition, I began running out of space. I upgraded yesterday to the My Cloud EX2 Ultra 8TB drive set to Raid 0 in order to be fast and have the full 8TB of storage (my images are backed up on multiple external hard drives and Dropbox). With the help of WD tech support I have been able to map the EX2 drive to my finder on my local network, but it seems like every time I restart the computer, or I assume lose network connection, I have to re-connect the drive to my Finder to be a mapped storage location. Is there a way to have this EX2 drive automatically permanently mapped to my Finder?

In addition, I have been able to access my My Cloud Home drive as a mapped drive in my finder via the cloud when connected to another network as if I’m home. I have a feeling this is because of the Discovery desktop app. Is there a way to do this with the EX2.

Basically once I get my image library transferred over to this new EX2, I want to use it as my Lightroom image storage location when on my home network, from any device running Lightroom Classic (MacBook Pro and Mac mini Desktop), and also use this EX2 drive as my Lightroom image storage location when away from home on another network via the “cloud”. Am I asking too much?

Allan

Hi @AllNoAll,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask