Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

Hi all,

I installed this theme (4.2_B7) some minutes ago and I can’t find any symbol to check if a movie was seen, can you help me with this?

I think it’s very important regarding the TV Series.

thanks.

Please could you add the seen marker?

Not sure what is causing this error that I am receiving.  I realize that it is a  Thumbgen error but, is Kudos causing this error in Thumbgen or is Thumbgen the culprit here.  I have installed and uninstalled Kudos a couple of times with a reboot and system clean up of files in between each install.

This only happens after I change the font in the Plot line in the template.xml.  I change it from 10 to 13.  Just one change and then I save it. 

I then point Thumbgen to the movie files and start processing using the Kudos Bundle.

The error that I receive is when I am processing movies in Thumbgen.  For each movie, it stops and presents me with the following error after which I click “OK” and it continues processing the movie and then moves on to the next movie and presents itself again.  This is becoming quite time consuming:

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. 

thank you in advance.

Dave

I’ve been using this for a fair while now & loving this theme - thank you very much LB!

Can someone please tell me though, how to select multiple files (or movies etc) when in file mode?

I sometimes copy films from a SD stick to the SMP & attached HD and I cannot for the life of me work out how to select more than 1 item at a time!

The other very small snag is that I use the personal rating indicator (stars) to show whether I have seen an episode of a series - the trouble is, before I select it, it shows as 5 grey stars  - is there any way to change the default colour of these to transparent? My better half seems to have trouble in realising that grey means we haven’t seen it & blue means we have! It’d be nice to only have the basic outline of the star with no solid colour whatsoever!

As I say, only a very small issue for me!

Kind regards,

Nic

HI

I’m trying out this great looking theme but am having some big issues that I can’t figure out.

I copied the theme over OK and used thumgen to create the metadtaa and stuff with the bundle supplied . Everything appears to be OK in the folders for each Tv show in that all the files seem to have been created. However none of this shows up on the WDTV .I get the Episode thumb showing OK but nothing else, no metadata nothing!

Any ideas?

Hello everyone

Im new to the forum and to the SMP, and have now installed this wonderfull theme. Very nice looking, good job on that :-). 

I have one question though.

I have set the SMP to gallery view with 6 x 2 movie thumbnails and hence I dont use backdrops. The interface works much faster this way I think. However, for every movie, I did use thumgen to generate a thumbnail, tgmd, XML and 1 fanart. I noticed that when you hover over a movie and press “option” and then “read info”, a background image is displayed. The background image that is displayed, is the thumnail image (scaled).

So now, finally to my question :-).

Is it possible to make the SMP use the fan art image as menu background instead of the thumnail image? If so, how do I do it?

Help is very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance

(I keep all the files in one folder. No sub folders)

Im also new to this, but it works fine for me. You have to use Gallery view and keep all files in the same folder.

Guys,

I parsed through this thread and can’t seem to find an answer. I want to use thumbgen to generate movie sheets for all my movies, but they are located on a NAS and Thumbgen just shows me my loal drives. Any way to do this? It might be just me not looking properly but anyways, any help appreciated…

Thanks!!

Thumbgen will (should) see all the drives that are mapped to the windows computer you are running it on. So if your videos are stored on your NAS, you need to map drives to it on your windows machine. Then when you run TG, you will see all of the drives you have mapped as options to browse and choose files from to process.

-P

Will try it tonight but I had one mapped drive yesterday and I couldn’t see it. My workstation is a virtual one though so I’ll try from my physical Win7.

Thanks for the heads up anyways.

Hi Lesterbangs.

First of, big thanks for this nice theme. Have been using it for a long time.

A couple of questions:

1. Are there any planned updates to the theme?

2. The KUDOS Bundle is still unusable for certain systems. What I figured out through this thrread is that there seem to be some issue with “,” instead of “.” in decimal numbers when the calculating of the rating is done. I played around with the C# function that seem to cause the issue, in “template.xslt”. Is this something you could update and fix? I know that it’s possible to do a parse or parseTry in C# in combination with some system compabilitiy checking, to bypass these sorts of errors. I am not an expert on this at all, but hopefully you know what I mean.

3. I noticed that the Certification/MPAA rating in the bundle didn’t work. No symbol/icon or text reason for rating. A tried to copy the "ImageElement Name=“Certification” " and the "TextElement Name=“MPAA” " from another bundle, and that made it somewhat work. So I guess something have changed in how the information is gathered. Is this something you can look into?

I really hope you could consider updating both the theme and the bundle. I belieave there are others besides me, that would be very happy to see an update of your splendid theme. I really really appreciate your work with this, I can’t be stated enough, what a good job you, the themers are doing, when putting in your sparetime just to make us n00bs a nice customization to our mediaplayers.

Best regards,

FireWire

Hi my first post here :slight_smile:

So i´m using Kudos 4.2 beta. My problem is when i selct Videos and the “moviewall” appears.’

The problem is that it´s slightly to the left and the clock is outside the tv screen. It looks okey when i watch the moviesheet.jpg. in windows.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Like this! Its the same with Kudos V6

Da_king wrote:

The problem is that it´s slightly to the left and the clock is outside the tv screen. It looks okey when i watch the moviesheet.jpg. in windows.

Do you have your TV set to “overscan”? Your picture is what my screen loooks like at about 6% overscan. You would need to check the settings on your TV to determine this.

-P

Ok tank you, going to look first thing tomorrow!

Da_king wrote:

Do you have your TV set to “overscan”? Your picture is what my screen loooks like at about 6% overscan. You would need to check the settings on your TV to determine this.

-P

I tryed to change the tv settings, The theme works in full picture setting, but not in 16:9 format…

Everything else looks good in 16:9 until i choose video.

Strange…

Have you tried reducing the size on your hub, settings/appearance/calibration.

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

Have you tried reducing the size on your hub, settings/appearance/calibration.

Cheers

Hi yes i have tried that but after 100% is 95% which is to small for tv screen.

Thanks any way :slight_smile:

Having a Thumbnail image problem.

Everything was working great and I love this theme.  KUDOs go to DeVicious and LStar  thank you

Last week I noticed that when I turn on my WD and go into my videos, after a few seconds of maybe 5 to 10 with only 33 movies in the folder (this is only happening in this folder  all other folders show the jpg thumbnail), I finally get to see the 1st “moviename.movietype._sheet.jpg” that is listed but I do not see any of the thumbnail images for any of the other movies that are in the folder.  I only see the _sheet.jpg as I click on the placeholder of where the jpg should be of the next movie.

Also when I generate the sheets in Thumbgen, I also get a tmgd file.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi LB!
I love this theme, however I have a couple of issues… I have generated all of my movie sheets as you have suggested and set everything up as described. I have deleted the .wd_tv files and recompiled my library… The movie sheets display in the gallery view, but thumbs are loading very slowly. When I press "page next’, it takes 30 seconds or so for the thumbs to complete before I press it again, load again, and so on. It has been suggested to turn the media library off to speed up this process, however when I do this and just load from my media server, the movie sheets do not display and, of course neither does the metadata because the files are at this point being served via the media server. Also, the folder structure is a pain with the media server because you can’t use the “sort” feature. So when I go into “videos” from “home” I see info, share, by folder…and so on to get to videos.The entire reason I chose to use a theme and movie sheets was to speed up this process. So, basically I’m going nuts trying to figure out how everyone is getting their movie sheets to display with the media library off. I have compiled the library before turning it off and it still will direct me to pick another source… Does this only work if you are using a homebrew firmware? I am just using the latest firmware for smp. Also, does it make a difference if my files are coming from a nas NOT attached via usb to the smp? I just need to get these thumbs and sheets to load faster…it takes forever to go through 600 files while waiting 30 seconds or so before loading the next page.
Also, something I noticed…when viewing photos, they are heavily distorted and small. I changed the settings under “photo settings” to view original (and of course “normal” and “5 minutes” for the above issue), and they are coming directly from the media server not library (way too many of them) but they still look terrible. Any suggestions for this?
I am wondering if the library is just too big and that is slowing things down or maybe my Ethernet connection is somehow slowing things down. I tried switching to wireless to test this, but my WDTV will not connect via wifi (strange…but another issue altogether…). I also am wondering if the XML file has anything to do with it…it looks like the movie.mp4_sheet is set to load before the movie.jpg file. Maybe I will try switching the two to see if it makes a difference…

Cheers

Hi christmanrd,
See below, I am also having issues with thumbs…
I noticed something like you described and I looked in the XML file and thumbgen had the wrong title description. If you change it back to what your movie.jpg name is it will display again…at least it did for me. Also look at the movie_sheet, it is probably wrong, too.