Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

I assume if I want to try the latest beta all I need to do is send the theme to my unit and not re-create the sheets.

Going to try the new beta later today now that all my movies are done running through thumbgen.

Cheers,

Matthew

“I assume if I want to try the latest beta all I need to do is send the theme to my unit and not re-create the sheets.”

Yes…

Cheers LB

After running all my movies through thumbgen I can confirm that for .avi movies only it is displaying the sheet for the folder instead of the folder thumb.

I have checked the file naming and it is all fine, I have renamed the thumb to folder which corrects the problem but it certainly is a weird glitch.

Cheers,

Matthew

Now that all my movies are done I have started my tv shows, I have them organized as

genre/series name/season #/episodes

When I run the thumbgen it creates all the sheets for every episode correctly but no season folder image or series folder image.

Do I need to organize them differently for that to happen or do I have to manually generate series and season thumbnail images?

Cheers,

Matthew

PS : I may have found the solution, noticed there was a second profile that says series covers, running that after running the other one to see what happens.

newbie here absolutely LOVE your theme LB but would prefer to use the inbuilt scraper to show movie info when using gallery view rather than just the backdrop

Is there any chance this can be anended to do this?

Ta

//Is there any chance this can be anended to do this? 

Easy to do, give me a day or two and I’ll post it on the first page.

Cheers LB

thanks LB look forward to seeing that:smileyvery-happy:

Anyone have any links to a site with TV Genre folder thumbnails, looking for a set that covers the imdb tv series categories.

Crime, Drama, Reality etc.

I’m using the movie ones for now but I would like tv ones.

Cheers,

Matthew

Hi Guys

Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong, everything is working fine, except one thing.

My “Movie xxxx.mkv_sheet.jpg” files are missing the movie ‘screenshot’ (the pic at the top right)

Any suggestions much appreciated.

To answer my own question, just in case anyone else has the same issue.

I was using thumbgen 1.3.8.3, after upgrading to the latest version 1.3.9.2 all is fine.

Hello everybody,

I’m french so excuse me if I speak bad English. I’ve got a problem with Thumbgen. I use Thumbgen bundle for Kudos V4.1 :

-current profile " Kudos V4.1 Movisheets clear"

-moviesheet editor " Kudos V4.1 Moviesheets "

When I put the button “Process files/folders” and select a film in manual mode it appears an error in French who means “the format of the input string is incorrect”.

So there is no mediainfo in moviesheet editor.

And when I use it on my WD TV Live SMP there is no mediainfo, only thumbmail.

I would like to have this

How do that please with Kudos 4.1?

Thanks

Hi LB,

I tried installing Thumbgen Bundle via “Manage Bundles” icon on main menu but when I pressed “Add new Bundle”, I don’t see thumbgen bundle. Only Profiles and Templates folders appeared. Need your help on this, and thank you.

sunmoon wrote:

I tried installing Thumbgen Bundle via “Manage Bundles” icon on main menu but when I pressed “Add new Bundle”, I don’t see thumbgen bundle. Only Profiles and Templates folders appeared. Need your help on this, and thank you.

There are two possibilities that are the most probable cause of your issue:

1) You do not actually have the bundle file. It will be “KUDOS V4.1.Bundle” (note the .bundle file extension) that you have downloaded from the first page of this thread.

2) You have not navigated to wherever you put the bundle file when you downloaded it, while trying to install it in the Thumbgen interface

Make sure you have actually downloaded the bundle file. Find where you put the “.bundle” file using your windows explorer, and remember where on your computer and what folder that is. Then when you go to install the bundle in Thumbgen, you will have to navigate to that folder. Once you are in that folder, you will see the bundle file listed. Choose it and install. In the interface, you should only be able to see folders and bundles, as the filter is set to look for *.bundle files.

Installing a bundle should work the same way for all themes that have them. Here is my example of installing it with the picture below. I know that the file is in a folder called “Kudos” that is on one of my drives. From within the “install bundle” interface, I navigate to the drive and folder that has the file, and then I am able to see “KUDOS V4.1.Bundle” file listed. I can then double click on it and Thumbgen will install the file and tell you when it has completed successfully. Once complete, you will then have the templates available to you under the “Current Profile” dropdown box.

You should be able to do the same thing with any bundle that you would like to install into Thumbgen. I am guessing that have just not navigated to the correct directory that actually has the file, though of course if you have not actually downloaded it, that would be the primary problem :flushed:

Good Luck on your mission to trick out your SMP with Moviesheets. Will certainly enhance the user experience enormously.

Let us know if this helps, and if not what do you see so we can give you some more direction.

-P

Thanks very much., Pearl.  Greatly appreciate your help.

Hi,

where can I remove these Icons?

starts.jpg

There are shown, when the Movie-Sheets are displayed, but the Stars are coming from the Theme and not the Template.

Thanx for reply!

Greetz,

Bitspyer

Ps: Sorry for my English…

Great theme, 

I never tried to use one of this theme and thumbgen, I would like to try this one, is it easy?

thank you.

Hi bitspyer,

Lesterbangs made a modified version of this theme without the stars and heart. You can find it in this forum, or search for user ‘natebetween’. He requested it and LB responded with a link to a download. I am going to try it out myself.

1 Like

@bitspyer

here’s the link thecapper was referring to

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Kudos-V4-1-Beta-03-Moviesheet-SMP-WEEKLY-BUILD-ADDED/td-p/445566/page/19

1 Like

Thanks Joey.

I can confirm this is the Kudos theme without the heart and stars. It is the V4.1 Beta 3_Special, which uses Iron Man for the Videos tab, and Katy Perry for the Photos tab. It’s what I was using, so I’m happy.

Thanx for reply!  :smiley: