Jpg image transfer is s-l-o-w

Can go through the following steps to provide some more information about your system and network environment that may be useful for folks troubleshooting your issue:

1. Please identify you basic network configuration  (i.e what sits between your PC and you WD MyCloud)

e.g. PC : Router : MyCloud or 

PC : Router : Switch : MyCloud

1. do you have any other wired devices connected to your network?  (If so you can try disconnecting them so see if it makes a difference – unlikely – but worth a try)

2. iwhat are the nominal network speeds supported by each device in the mix  (e.g. MyCloud is gigabit (1000), if you have a newer router it is likely gigabit, where as PC older than a few years may have a 100 Mbps card)

3. try downloading a network speed test program (I’ve used LAN Speed Test Lite  – available here:  http://www.totusoft.com/lanspeed1.html – it’s simple and free – you can use another program if you prefer) – Run the file transfer on a mix of file sizes –  persoanlly – just used 20MB and 5MB file sizes, but you can experiement try something in the range of your typical file size – you should get a generally consistent feel for transfer speeds)

• Speeds are reported in megabits per second (Mbps) : (not to be confused w/  megabytes)

– if you have a 100 megabit lan card on your PC you should see transfer rates in 60 - 70+ Mbps range – note the read should be a little faster than the write)

– gigabit multiply by 10 (600 -700) and 10 Mbps(divide by 10) – 6-7+

– if your transfer rates are not in those ranges there is likely an issue somewhere w/ speed negotiation (I just went through this type of issue myself)

– the test files uses a non media test file – so if there is an issue specifically related to media files (JPGs, the above speed test should go well and everyting come up normal)

1. If above produces no useful leads take a look at the reply to  My Cloud now super slow after firmware update by Bob59 on 07-21-2014 @ 11:01 AM – he offers suggestions for temporarily disabling the TWONKEY media server auto indexing, and initiating a manual index rebuild  – worth a try…  TWOKNEY is accessed on port 9000)  – e.g. 192.168.1.3:9000  (the IP address for your MyCloud device will vary)

Hope this helps…