Itunes media location on WD MyCloud

Since I have had my WD MYCloud device I “thought” I was storing all my iTunes tracks on the drive as I had, via Preferences - Advanced in iTunes located my iTunes media location as follows:- \WDMYCLOUD\Brian.
I now believe however that what I thought by this “simple” action, all my iTunes media would now be stored on my WD device, but scanning the internet, I fear I was/am wrong. By selecting the above media location, are all my ITunes tracks stored on my WD MyCloud? How can I check, because via the WD Dashboard under “Shares” I see various media folders but I don’t know how to open them to check the content?
Apologies if I have posted to the incorrect forum category, if I have please point me in the right direction!
Thanks.

You use Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder to access and view the contents of the My Cloud. If you have not already done so you may want to read the My Cloud User Manual (http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=439&type=25)which explains how to use Windows File Manager or Mac Finder to access the contents of the My Cloud. The WD My Cloud Dashboard is only for configuring the My Cloud options.

One needs to ensure they have properly moved all of the iTunes media files to their My Cloud and have properly configured iTunes to point to the My Cloud. The following post I make in response to someone else may be pertinent.

https://community.wd.com/t/itunes-server-doesnt-work-anymore/95261/59

Check your iTunes program to find where the iTunes Media folder is stored. See advanced settings or iTunes help. If you typed in an incorrect location, iTunes likely never moved the folder. If iTunes cannot find any location or that location ever gets disconnected, the iTunes program reverts to its default location, and you will see that when you go looking for and find the location in iTunes.

Thanks to both for the advice.
The location I have allocated in advanced settings in iTunes is \WDMYCLOUD\Brian.which does I hope place my iTunes library on my Mycloud but I’m now not sure it does. The same \WDMYCLOUD\Brian is listed on my Sonos system as being the location of my library, but all is not there. BTW on my PC all iTunes folders are still listed, does this suggest that they have not moved or would they just be copies?

As Bennor explained, use a file manager to see what files are stored on your device. Don’t use indirect access methods like Sonos. Map the device into your computer’s file system, and then use File Explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac) to browse the file system. Read the User Manual to find out how to map the drive. Or this link:

If you’re using a Windows PC, you should specify the library location using a UNC path, which starts with a double backslash, not a single backslash. So, in your case, you’d want

\\WDMyCloud\Brian

If you have used a single backslash, you may not have successfully pointed iTunes to your MyCloud.

[I note that the forum converts a double backslash into a single backslash, so you may already be using the proper UNC syntax, only the forum has mangled it…]

If you have mapped the device into your file system, you can use the drive letter path, rather than the UNC path. You should also be able to browse the MyCloud file system by entering the UNC into the File Explorer address field.

This might help, too:

Before I moved my iTunes Media folder default location to a second drive (F:) in my PC, the original, default location where the folder was kept was:

C:\Users\Mike\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media

So, look in the comparable location of your PC, you may find a folder full of music files that were never moved!

I think all that does is tell iTunes that’s where it should look to find a library. If you haven’t done a library copy or move to that location, it won’t find a library there, so will drop back to using the default library location. Just pointing it to a different location won’t make it move the library; you have to do that as a separate action: see the last link in my earlier post.

See the link I posted previously:

https://community.wd.com/t/itunes-server-doesnt-work-anymore/95261/59

It explains HOW to get the iTunes library to the My Cloud and configure iTunes (in my case on a Windows PC) media file library location so it points to the My Cloud. Simply changing the library location within iTunes may not work to show ALL of your media. You have to copy all of the media to a single location so iTunes knows where to look for it.

One thing to keep in mind the iTunes server on the My Cloud will only serve up iTunes supported audio media.

You may need two back slashes instead of one as you have shown us.