Itunes server doesn't work anymore

If you are having trouble with a large library, start small. Copy a few albums over and test.

Some things to keep in mind with iTunes server (and the DLNA media server) on the My Cloud.

• The media server will scan content as its added.
  • Due to the low powered hardware on the My Cloud it may take significant time to scan for media especially when a large amount is added all at once.
  • The issue of album art not displaying properly is well known. Many earlier threads on that topic.
  • Individual song art which was embedded into the media file will display as my screen capture both in a prior post above and a screen capture below indicates.

If one moves their iTunes Library to the My Cloud the album art should display. One can Google for more detailed directions. General steps:

• Copy the entire iTunes folder (example: C:\Users\<user name>\Music\iTunes) containing the artwork and media folders and all the associated files in that iTunes folder to the My Cloud.
  • Next, change the iTunes media folder location in Advanced Preferences to point to the My Cloud iTunes folder location.
  • One may have to re-import the albums into iTunes after moving the iTunes Library to the My Cloud.
  • The media should appear in the main music window and the album folder art should appear as the following screen captures indicate.

The following screen captures were taken from a Windows 10 PC.