Issues with WD TV Live Hub - wont stop playing

Wow.   $120?   That’s some expensive “crab.”

No, it’s not a hardware issue.  

Hi community

I have been having the same issues with my newly purchased WD TV Live Hub as described in this thread. The problem persist on local media played from the Live Hub itself, as well as media played from my NAS.  I am running the newest firmware. The only real remedy is performing a soft-reset of the device.

Can anyone confirm that downgrading the firmware has solved their issue?

I am now trying to run the device without any connection to my network to see if this helps anything.

My system:

Cisco Router

Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110

To me it looks like network issue. You can perfrom simple experiment:

1. Copy AVI/M4V/MKV files to the local drive attached to the player.

2. Disconnect the network cable from the player

3. Restart the player.

After this all files from the local drive will play with no problem what so ever. 

If you will reconnect network cable problem will start heppening again.

Shame.

I have the same issue.

Using a Qnap TS-110 Turbo.

I tried several mediaserver, but finally i am using twonky (its simply the best).

I have disabled all other services, but the problem exists furthermore.

I am waiting for a WD Update that fixes this issue.

Or if anyone has got another idea … please tell me

Thanks

Dom

Edit: Okay i think i fixed it, by disabling the webservice in my qnap. If the issue occurres once again, i’ll tell you :wink:

Okay this doesn’t fix the error.

It only appears later now … circa about an hour.

Thanks for help :wink:

//Edit: Okay i think it depends on the framerate / datarate… because the problem doesn’t appear everytime.

So if i wait till the outro of the movie i can stop and start normally :stuck_out_tongue:

I also have the same problem. I also um jam the system by unplugging the network cable but i DONT have a NAS, just a connection to my router. The router has a nas funcion but is disabled.

I have downgraded from 2.07.17 to 2.06.10 and still the problem persists.

Now what ? 

Quick update … went to firmware  2.08.13  and still no joy. Have opened a support case, lets see where it goes.

After performing the tests WD support requested (basically using a differente CAT 5 cable) with no success I was told the next step was “product replacement”.

Now lets see how long this will take and if the “new” unit doesnt suffer from the same problem.

Heres hoping.

Ed.

Hi Ed,

please test the following…

When you have set HDMI Auto, please set it to 720p@50 or 720@60 an test again.

Because my Freezes since Wednesday are gone (testing continuing)

Regards

Gerd 

Sorry … I only read your post AFTER sending off my live hub for replacement. Lets see if the new one works ok

Hi there,

I’'ve already posted about this a few months back, but since there’s still no solution for the freezing/ won’t stop playback i’ll add a bit more data.

My current network config:

1 dlink 655

1 asus switch

1 my book live 2TB

1 my book 2 rings 1 TB

1 my book white light 2TB

1 tv live hub 1TB

I also have samsung tv’s that are dlna, and a ps3.

My question is, is there some sort of configuration that I should use to help prevent this? It’s really boring having to restart the hub every time I wan’t to use it.

Kind Regards,

Peter