Issues with WD TV Live Hub - wont stop playing

Update.
Still I have had some problem (playback not stopping, pausing, etc.).

The problem is not qNap (TS-210) but the firmware.
The problem started since the upgrade TS-210_3.4.0_Build0212.

Now I have downgraded to version 3.3 (TS-210_3.3.7_Build1213) and everything work fine. I have been whatching at WD TV along this sunday afternoon, streaming both from Hard disk and NAS.

Perfect!

Hope this can help you.

Fabio

ive got the same nas. Had just updated firmware to  3.4.2 Build 0331T and now making test. If it doent word woud downgrade. will tell how it was

Confirmed. The problem was de nas firmware update. I’ve downdraded to the last 3.3x version and works again. Will try 3.4.0 to see if it works with it

Good!

But I’m pretty sure to remember TS-210_3.4.0_Build0212 is still causing the same problem.

Probably it is something related to Mycloudnas service implemented since 3.4 firmware releases.

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve tried downgrading the firmware but it hasn’t worked.  I have a WD tv live hub.  where are you getting the 3.3 and 3.4 firmware from?  This is the page I found older versions on, but they are all 2.0x…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

The 3.3 ver is referred to the qNap TS-210 NAS not to the WDTV Live hub which firmware works great.

So is the combination of TS-210 with 3.4 firmware that causes the WDTV Live (HD, Plus and Hub)  problems.

Hi there - Im new here

I have major problems with my WD TV live HD unit. It wont stop/pause or anything else.

I stream from a computer running win7 x32. Ive tried several different servers, but nothing helps.

I have downgraded the units firmware and upgraded it again, since it didnt help - did it twice even…

Anyone here who can help?

/Bow

Rasmus

same problem here, nothing to do with storage. It’s the poor coding. Too bad can’t return them but will try to contact support.

WD: I bought this player because it has “WD” on it, but guess what, with all the frustration I have been through with this poorly coded firmware and the terrible user interface, I will give a second thought now if I ever need to buy any WD equipment.

robinluo wrote:

same problem here, nothing to do with storage. It’s the poor coding. Too bad can’t return them but will try to contact support.

WD: I bought this player because it has “WD” on it, but guess what, with all the frustration I have been through with this poorly coded firmware and the terrible user interface, I will give a second thought now if I ever need to buy any WD equipment.

As this is your first post what exactly is your problem.

Honestly, I think WD TV Live is great. The issue is not in WD TV firmware, but in other LAN connected devices like qNap NAS (read other posts please).

Be sure, you have one of the best media player.

The problem is if I play a movie from WDTVLive, it wont stop, and as you can read from this thread, I am not alone. What has WD done in regard to this issue? I mean, for the time it has elapsed:

• Has WD confirmed this is a problem with WD or not?

• If it is WD issue, what is the action plan and expected time frame for problem resolution?

• If it is NOT WD issue, which is hard to believe, then what is the compatible setup that will work with WDTVLive? How would WD explain the fact that using Remote to power off the device cannot kill the hung session? The firmware coding is terrible, at one point it was not even like to accept classless IP address, making people to suspect what kind of programmers WD hired for the coding.

It is not WD firmware issue.

Please, read ALL recent posts.

ilgegio wrote:

Jury is still out on that.

No one has isolated the REASON.   They’ve isolated the CAUSE being certain DLNA packets from other devices on the same network.

If the WD is doing this due to improper handling of VALID packets, then the issue is WD’s to fix.

If the WD is doing this in response to INVALID DLNA packets, then the issue is still WD’s to fix.

If the WD is doing this due to a VALID response to an errant, but correct DLNA message, then it’s the other devices’ issues.

WD has said they’re looking into the issue, particularly in the Virgin SuperHub threads.   But I would imagine these issues are all related.

I am having the same problem but with a twist. I stream from a HP Media Smart EX490, to a WD TV Live Hub and a Live Plus.  The Hub works flawlessly but the Live Plus will no longer respond after 10 -15 minutes of watching a movie.  Like everyone else the only “fix” is to reboot the Live Plus.  I can play the same file on the Hub with no issues at all. Both players are using the most current firmware, respectively.

I understand these units are still a work in progress and I am willing to put up with the inconvenience of some of these minor issues but my wife just doesn’t understand why it won’t just work. :womanmad:  

ilgegio wrote:

Let’s don’t mix two things together: bug and triggering fact.

You may blame on any external storage things, which really is just the triggering fact. The bug is being with the firmware itself which WD definately needs to investigate and provide a sound solution.

I too have had a problem with the Seagate 3Tb Black Armor NAS. Everything was working fine until one day I added another 400Megabyte or so of files to it. That was a tipping point. Trying to play anything off of it would just cause the WD Hub to sit there trying to bring up the file list. Removing the extra files and all was well again. I do need to do some testing to see if the problem is caused by too many small files which is one possibility, Or if it was just too much space used. When I get some time over the holiday weekend I’ll be shifting files from the Seagate to one of the Western Digital NAS’s that never give me trouble and and putting on large HD caps to test. If it works filled with large files then it could easily be a total file count limit versus a 3Tb NAS limit versus it just doesn’t like a foreign brand of NAS. WDC Please put USB3 and a fast Gigabit LAN port on the next model and I’ll be all over it.

Tumbles wrote:
That was a tipping point. Trying to play anything off of it would just cause the WD Hub to sit there trying to bring up the file list. .

This sounds like a new problem.

WDC, so what is the solution to this problem?

I have the problem with movies (avi\mkv) files not stopping as well. My issue occurs with files copied to the hub itself and not from external storage.

Is there any solution yet?

radind wrote:

I have the problem with movies (avi\mkv) files not stopping as well. My issue occurs with files copied to the hub itself and not from external storage.

Is there any solution yet?

Even if the issue may related to external storage, other brand does not have the similar issue. I bought a Patriot BoxOffice (on sale for 49.99), runs smoothly with no issue. The remote controller is much much more efficient than WDC’s design.

It’s insane to take this much long time while WD still has no solution or any comment about the issue. The only reason I am still checking here once in a while is to save my $120 investiment on that piece of crab.

I have a bad feeling that this may relate to some hardware issue which WD has no way to fix by firmware release. Recall the product please!!!