Is there a Step by Step guide to adding Theme on SMP?

Hi Guys,

I’m looking for a step by step guide for adding themes on the SMP.

Ive got the basics about zipping certain components from the Black Samba theme (for HUB) for example.

Ive tried uploading the file but it caused a few issues to the player and i had to do a factory reset.

Can someone point me in the right direction for adding themes please?

I havent used thumgen before. Ive only ever downloaded movie covers and placed them into the individual movie folders as “folder.jpg” files.

I use the “get info” to give me screen shots and movie info etc. but that’s it.

If there isnt a full guide for SMP then can someone kindly put one together?

p.s. thanks to those that have attempted to help so far.

Cheers 

If you download the Black Mamba zip file as per your Whirlpool forum it is ready to upload.

Open your network page in windows, I presume, you should then see a black icon for the wdtv, double click on it, when next page opens enter password (admin is the default), select agreement then log in, next screen select appearance, in the next box browse for your Black Mamba.zip file then submit it, it will upload showing percentage of upload and when finished a congratulations box will appear. If you are using Internet Explorer sometimes it doesn’t upload, I use google chrome and have never had a problem.

Cheers

1 Like

ritaben wrote:

If you download the Black Mamba zip file as per your Whirlpool forum it is ready to upload.

Open your network page in windows, I presume, you should then see a black icon for the wdtv, double click on it, when next page opens enter password (admin is the default), select agreement then log in, next screen select appearance, in the next box browse for your Black Mamba.zip file then submit it, it will upload showing percentage of upload and when finished a congratulations box will appear. If you are using Internet Explorer sometimes it doesn’t upload, I use google chrome and have never had a problem.

Cheers

Hi mate,

Yeah that’s exactly what i did last night, everything you just said. But all i got was somekind of change to LIVE HUB settings with splash screen and themes. It made everything display incorrectly also. As mentioned to you earlier i installed latest Firmware for the SMP. Do you think that could be the issue?  If im doing the same as you i can only see that as being the problem.

You mentioned in whirlpool to clear media library first before installing BM.  How do i do that?

I have downloaded your black mamba link you gave me on whirlpool but i wont try until ive done the media library thing. 

Sorry for so many questions

Stop hopping from forum to forum, it’s hard keeping track of you. Just joking.

Have replied to your last query on whirlpool.

Cheers

Don’t forget to give me kudos if this works.

Thanks

1 Like

ritaben wrote:

Stop hopping from forum to forum, it’s hard keeping track of you. Just joking.

Have replied to your last query on whirlpool.

Cheers

Don’t forget to give me kudos if this works.

Thanks

lol, yeah its confusing, I’ll keep my comments here if you are here as often as whirlpool. p.s. do you sleep ??? ill give you kudos no matter what buddy :stuck_out_tongue:

edit:  I loaded your file that you gave me on whirlpool and its working!! :stuck_out_tongue:  didnt do all the rubbish that the original file did.  

I havent cleared the media files yet though.  I will have to try and read through how to get the movie sheets to show up as they arent showing yet

thanks so far buddy

I think the movie sheets only show up in 1 view (Gallery view, I think). If you check DeVicious’s Black Mamba Theme 1st page it will show you which view.

Cheers

1 Like

ritaben wrote:

I think the movie sheets only show up in 1 view (Gallery view, I think). If you check DeVicious’s Black Mamba Theme 1st page it will show you which view.

Cheers

ok, well i’m not getting anything on any view other than the thumbnails.  Does it make a difference if i have each movie and the dvd cover thumbnail in individual folders?

As mentioned before i havent deleted media as yet. Ive got 2 2TB drives of stuff which includes hundres of CD’s and a few hundred movies and tv shows. I had problems the first time around with some files not getting media added and having to manually go through it, retype file names etc.  It took ages.

Do i really have to delete media and recompile?

If so would i have to do this again if i reverted back to original theme or changed to diff one?

Cheers

Hi BigRoo,

clearing the media library should not remove any of your data on the 2 hdd’s (i.e movie files, xml files or metathumb files), it only clears what the SMP has in memory.

I have all my movies broken down into folders as below:

ANIMATED (mainly grandkids movies)

ROMANCE (for the wife)

DOCUMENTARY (walking with dinosaurs, etc)

MUSIC VIDEOS

TV SHOWS (only got band of brothers)

MOVIES (all other movies)

I only use the get info button for any new material (creates metathumb(nail) files, xml files and  backdrop files. I don’t use Thumbgen for anything and my backdrops show up in video Gallery View.

I used DeVicious’s “Genre Thumbnails” found in his “Black Mamba Genre Thumbs” folder (that you would have downloaded as part of his rar file) for my individual folders listed above and just renamed each one “folder.jpg” for each folder I put it in.

Below is a screenshot of my “Large grid view”, I don’t have my backgrounds showing so I use this view.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

BigRoo here is the link to the Black Mamba theme zip file that shows the info from the movie xml file in gallert view.

Don’t forget to give kudos to DeVicious, and me

Cheers

https://hotfile.com/dl/150444442/f59eaf2/BLACK_MAMBA_SMP_INFO.zip.html

1 Like

ritaben wrote:

BigRoo here is the link to the Black Mamba theme zip file that shows the info from the movie xml file in gallert view.

Don’t forget to give kudos to DeVicious, and me

Cheers

https://hotfile.com/dl/150444442/f59eaf2/BLACK_MAMBA_SMP_INFO.zip.html

excellent work mate. ill give it a go shortly, just waiting on media to finish compliing.

Kudos given to all as always

Thanks

BigRoo, you mentioned Thumbgen in your first post.  I have created this webpage on how to get Thumbgen to work.  It also has instructions on how to add the “Mojo” theme.

http://movieshowto.50webs.com/Other/movie_sheets.html

Anyone feel free to check it out and get back to me if required if it requires any editing.

Hope this is of help.  See you on Whirlpool!

thomfam wrote:

BigRoo, you mentioned Thumbgen in your first post.  I have created this webpage on how to get Thumbgen to work.  It also has instructions on how to add the “Mojo” theme.

http://movieshowto.50webs.com/Other/movie_sheets.html

Anyone feel free to check it out and get back to me if required if it requires any editing.

Hope this is of help.  See you on Whirlpool!

Thanks Thomfam,

Appreciate you assistance. 

I downloaded Thumbgen and worked off Devicious’s instructions (for theHUB) which apparently should work for the SMP also. Im using Black Mamba theme by the way.

I got Thumbgen to create the Movie sheet which i can see on my HDD but when i go to the TV and open the Movie folder and use Gallery View i cant see the movie sheet. I can only see the box cover (thumbnail).  If i go into photos i can find the movie sheet too.

How do i get it to display?

Thanks 

EDIT:   I have got the movie sheet to display. I created an NFO file instead of XML in the Input Output naming section of Thumbgen in error. Changed movie import /export info to mxl extensions and it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader.