Inf file

I’m installing Norton Ghost simulaeously with My Book so my operating systems are backed up also. Norton tells me I need to get it from WD…WD tells me I need to get it from HP…Hp can’t provide it either. And Norton who requires me get it, can’t tell me how to find it myself, they just keep telling me to contact WD…I’m the proverbial “dog chasing it’s tail”.

PLEASE…can someone tell me how to get my inf file for my network card??? (It’s not an exe. or installation file, that’s all I know).

Thanks.

Hi, to do what you need the inf file?

1 Like

I spoke with a WD Level 2 tech this morning and was told it was something they don’t supply, but Norton could but their being lazy as it is just a 2 or 3 line text. I’m waiting on a return call from a Level 2 tech from Norton now.

I’ve almost decided, depending on what I hear from them, to take back my 2TB network HD and get 2 1TB hardwired hard drives to settle the issue. Norton obviously liked things the way they were, hardwired/usb.

Thanks for replying to my post though. 

Ziggymon wrote:

I spoke with a WD Level 2 tech this morning and was told it was something they don’t supply, but Norton could but their being lazy as it is just a 2 or 3 line text. I’m waiting on a return call from a Level 2 tech from Norton now.

I’ve almost decided, depending on what I hear from them, to take back my 2TB network HD and get 2 1TB hardwired hard drives to settle the issue. Norton obviously liked things the way they were, hardwired/usb.

Thanks for replying to my post though. 

Hi Ziggymon,

Sorry our tech support wasn’t able to resolve this for you.  This INF file should come from HP via their drivers page for your specific model number.  If you can provide the model number of HP system you have, I can see if I can find the file.