I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

Kazgor wrote:

*edit* i have double checked and my screen does match with your instructions in image TG 03 General Tab.jpg,

i have also renamed the file to .dvdrip instead of - but i still don’t get those lovely DVD covers.

You don’t get the flags, you don’t get the covers = your common folder is not where it is supposed to be.

to be perfectly clear, you copy the entire common folder inot Thumbgen/templates

you must not copy the contents of the common folder into the templates directory.

When you open the thumbgen folder it the path should read …thumbgen/templates/common

Dev… 

Thanks for all the help… but it was down to my inablitity to read the instuctions properly… 

The line i did not follow correctly was

copy the 4 folders inside of “Black Mamba Templates” into Thumbgen/templates

I instead just copied the 2 folders to the template folder.

Really sorry!!..

Lovely theme though,

Thank You i am glad it works now :smiley:

I have written the 3rd line in the instructions for a reason, lol (been there myself)

1 Like

DeVicious how long does it take for the moviesheet jpg to load on your hub with this theme in Gallery view? I downloaded the theme and on my hub it took about 5+ seconds when selecting new movie.

DeVicious, once again thank you, the issue is certainly a minor one.

Thanks for a BRILLIANT looking theme and in my mind, on my SMP, it certainly loads quicker than many of the others.

Cheers 

BigRoo wrote:

Thanks Rubicon.

I worked that out with some help from another  member here.

I put the image and screenshot folders and all the xml files in a zip file and uploaded via chrome. That part worked.

I deleted the wdtv folder from my USB HDD  and then went to the player itself.

I selected appearance and could see the black samba file there so i selected that and installed it.

I didnt get any noticeble change of appearance with the black backgrounds etc. The UI was still the stock looking one.

Although now when the player starts i get the normal “WD Live” splash screen and a few seconds later as its going through the start up process i get the “WD Live Hub” splash screen.  How do i get rid of that and why wouldnt the theme have changed?

Cheers 

BigRoo, check your Whirlpools Forum, I have tried to answer your queries there (under my old user name : benrita)

Cheers

Is this theme designed to be used where a person has a setup with each movie in it’s own folder?

Action (Genre)

Green Lantern (Movie folder)

Green Lantern.avi (the movie)

And BTW, FWIW, I had NO thumbgen\templates\common folder until I copied yours to my thumbgen templates folder. I can’t seem to find a way to choose which of the DVD (etc.) covers I want to use. Seems I’m stuck with a black one.

I got it installed OK tho…I like it! :slight_smile: But I’m so used to using Mojo. I have to figure out what the 7734 i’m doing all over again.

flhthemi wrote:

Is this theme designed to be used where a person has a setup with each movie in it’s own folder?

Action (Genre)

And BTW, FWIW, I had NO thumbgen\templates\common folder until I copied yours to my thumbgen templates folder. I can’t seem to find a way to choose which of the DVD (etc.) covers I want to use. Seems I’m stuck with a black one.

I got it installed OK tho…I like it! :slight_smile: But I’m so used to using Mojo. I have to figure out what the 7734 i’m doing all over again.

You need to rename your file. Green.lantern.xvid.avi or green.lantern.dvd.avi to get the cover

Looks good, will give it a try :slight_smile:

anyone else having issues using THEMOVIEDB collector? 

just whatever film i point it at nothng is found and then i get a popup search box to search IMDB, but you have to manually type the film title in again and then it finds it.

So i have to do this one by one at the moment.

example…

Footloose (2011).dvdrip.avi

The Sitter (2011).dvdrip.avi

*edit*

seems unticking the option under General to “Detect movie based on folder name” fix it… although it was still bring back stuff from IMDB. although not sure how much was from TMDb vs Imdb

Ok I tried that from Green Lantern (2005).avi TO Green Lantern (2005).dvd.avi still the same cover. Looks like a generic black cover…humm…gonna check the entire setup again for the 3rd time make sure I have things as per the instructions.

You need to rename your file. Green.lantern.xvid.avi or green.lantern.dvd.avi to get the cover

hypertrophy wrote:

DeVicious how long does it take for the moviesheet jpg to load on your hub with this theme in Gallery view? I downloaded the theme and on my hub it took about 5+ seconds when selecting new movie.

if you guys make statements like this it would help me to know your firmware version. With the newest firmware it takes usually 1 second 2 seconds if I am pushing it in a busy folder with my own movie sheets.

Also check your photo  settings

ritaben wrote:

DeVicious, once again thank you, the issue is certainly a minor one.

Thanks for a BRILLIANT looking theme and in my mind, on my SMP, it certainly loads quicker than many of the others.

Cheers 

Yay I am glad it all worked out, even on a system it wasn’t designed for :slight_smile:

hypertrophy wrote:

for me it varies from 2 to 5 seconds,but yes there is a very noticable delay before the moviesheet is displayed.

DeVicious, I find the Large Grid View to be very sexy though.

in Preview mode… not all the movies are displaying properly, out of the 6 test ones only 3 show up, 1,5,6 are blank tiles with the movie name scrolling inside. They show up fine in the other views.

[Q] In list view, are the Movies Stars suppose to display the rating? notice in your screenshot and also in mine that they are all unset.

[General theme question]

in Galley View, is it not possible to just have a Generic background and overly the moviesheet image over it. the BlackMamba skin that overlay the different movie arts it hard to make out.

What i wonder is, with the default WD theme the wallpaper doesn’t change and info is quickly displayed.

so i wonder, if you had a generic background and a transparent moviesheet with just the important bits if things would display faster…

our is this where the PNG not supported etc comes into play?

ta

flhthemi wrote:

Action (Genre)

flhthemi it will work just fine like that but you an everyone else who is using folders within folders is kinda taking away the purpose of a media center with moviesheets :smiley:. It is a bit like taking a shower, dry yourself up and show again in order to end up dry eventually.

The reason to use a media center is because you don’t want to deal with folder structures, If you put all your action movies into the same folder the same thumbnails will show as if you had them in seperate folders. If all your action movies are in the action folder you see the thumbnails alright and if you need more info on the file itself the moviesheet will load almost instantly. In your system you need to enter the folder read the movie sheet, if you don’t want to watch this movie you need to go back up one folder level, or 2 levels if you decide to watch a comedy after all…

I had it this way but I was bugged out from all the navigating. If you listen to ,usic you don’t put each song in it’s on folder either or you wouldn’t put TV episode of a season in seperate folders. For me it misses the purpose, the point of the movie sheets is to inform you quickly about the content, the length and the IMDB ratings, why would you want to work harder in order to get this information? Give this some serious thought it will make your life a lot easier, the demo folders should demonstrate that.

drizzt09 wrote:

thanx drizzt :smiley:

if you guys make statements like this it would help me to know your firmware version. With the newest firmware it takes usually 1 second 2 seconds if I am pushing it in a busy folder with my own movie sheets.

Also check your photo  settings

Hi ya,

im running latest firmware so that 3.03.13. my photo setting match your screenshot… (something you already told me in a different post).

Out of interest what firmware are you running on?

Kazgor wrote:

anyone else having issues using THEMOVIEDB collector? 

just whatever film i point it at nothng is found and then i get a popup search box to search IMDB, but you have to manually type the film title in again and then it finds it.

So i have to do this one by one at the moment.

example…

Footloose (2011).dvdrip.avi

The Sitter (2011).dvdrip.avi

*edit*

seems unticking the option under General to “Detect movie based on folder name” fix it… although it was still bring back stuff from IMDB. although not sure how much was from TMDb vs Imdb

I have occasional problems with this collector but not today. have you see that you acually have to check the 2 radio boxes and the check box left to TMDB?

If your settings won’t stick AFTER saving the profile you might have a “pudding in a cactus chest” installation…

Remove thumbgen from your HDD and reinstall with the newest version. it should certainly work, if it doesn’t work you might operating under Vista or Windows 7, make sure the thumbgen folder has sufficient permissions for thumbgen to write into this folder.

The actual text info comes from IMDB, the images come from TMDB.

flhthemi wrote:

Ok I tried that from Green Lantern (2005).avi TO Green Lantern (2005).dvd.avi still the same cover. Looks like a generic black cover…humm…gonna check the entire setup again for the 3rd time make sure I have things as per the instructions.

• *> The black cover is the neutral cover when the name is insufficient but it implies that your setup is correct. Put periods instead of spaces…
      Green.Lantern.2005.dvd.avi or Green.Lantern.dvd.avi> i just created a dummy movie file “green.lantern.dvd.avi” and this is what I get and since I gave you my folder you will have the same result as I did :slight_smile:

Kazgor wrote:

Out of interest what firmware are you running on?

I am always running on the newest firmware (3.03.13.) since I want this always to work with the new firmware