We’re pleased to offer the following updates for your WD TV Mini media player. Updating your media player is simple. Just follow the instructions below, grab your remote and enjoy the show!
What’s in this update?
Release 1.00.60 (3/24/10)
- Added user interface language support for: Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Croatian, Polish, Albanian and Serbian.
- Added UTF-16 subtitle support.
- Resolved the problem with copying file into HFS+ partition’s HDD.
- Resolved various multi-language text and filename issues.
- Resolved Hindi ANSI subtitle not being displayed with “Hindi” settings.
- Other bug fixes and product improvements (see release notes).
How to install the product update:
Installing the new firmware on your WD TV Mini is simple. Just follow the steps below to update:
- Click “Download Now” to download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Mini Media Player.
- Extract the “WDTV_mini.IMG” to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Mini Media Player’s USB port.
- Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
- Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.
- You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
- Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
- Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Mini Media Player will restart again.
- Once the WD TV Mini Media Player restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded.