Highly Disappointed

I’m Highly Disappointed in the WD Product Quality , i did purchase a external disk a year back and in about and the Hard disk stopped working completely , its never detected again, so i raised RMA and i got the Hard disk replaced and in about another six months the replaced one also stopped working, both the times i lost my data s completely, i don’t recommend anyone buying a WD product .

Sorry to hear your bad luck…

I have Several WD HDD’s … My Books (x1), Elements (x3) , My Passport (x1), Elements SE (x3)  etc

Some of which are nearly 5 years old … and still working great … i Highly Recommend WD HDD Products to everyone :smiley:

P.S. If you keep losing your data (no matter what brand hdd) … might be time to do something called “Backups”  :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey JoeySmyth

Thanks for the suggestions , only thing is if you keep backups for backup then there no wonder you have so many HDD, i highly reccomend you to purchase 2 tickets when u travel next time, so even if you lose one ticket u can use another, And take a season tarvel  pass also just incase if you lose the second ticket also.

I absolutely agree with “highly dissappointed” My drive died after perhaps one year of use.The USB port at the portable hard drive gave out.  I am never going to buy a WD product again

NiewiederWD

Hat05 wrote:

Hey JoeySmyth

Thanks for the suggestions , only thing is if you keep backups for backup then there no wonder you have so many HDD, i highly reccomend you to purchase 2 tickets when u travel next time, so even if you lose one ticket u can use another, And take a season tarvel  pass also just incase if you lose the second ticket also.

Well, if you don’t believe in keeping a backup of your data, then you’re as silly as you sound :stuck_out_tongue:

For some people it takes 2 or 3 big data losses before they learn and appreciate backups. I hate to sound harsh, but backups are king! And I promote them (and my and other services that provide them) at every opportunity I get.

The travel tickets, they back those up in the industry’s equivalent of the cloud. Lose one, and you can get a replacement. It is also important to understand that there are different mechanisms which cause loss of data or loss of travel tickets.