High CPU issue

Appears there’s lots of people suffering with this issue, so rather than start a new post i’ll cut to the chase. Is this being addressed by WD?

Pretty unhappy that my £329 investment **bleep** out of the box. Doesn’t seem that WD QA processes are up to much scratch.

Hi Ducati848, sorry to hear you are having problems with the My Cloud Mirror, have you tried to contact tech support directly? I’m sure the can help you find the cause of the problem.

http://support.wd.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I had the same issue and I contacted the support.

The tech support responded and told me to “resotre” the device.

Although the data was not lost, all the user accounts had to be re-created.  That is ok, I think.

The symptom disappeared for a while, until I accessed the data.

There appears to be some process gets into a loop or something.

I noticed that the temperature gets high on the indication in Dashboard.

Is this expected???

Besides this annoyance, the device is working fine, and I am getting reasonable throughput.

Thanks,

2014-05-31 2.00.45 PM.png

2014-05-31 2.00.49 PM.png

gekkoMan wrote:

I noticed that the temperature gets high on the indication in Dashboard.

I should have been clearer.

It happens only the CPU load is continuously high.

As the screenshot shows, the fan speed is 4600rpm, whereas I seem to recall seeing 5300rpm or so, so the temperature is high, but may not be the highest it had experienced, I suppose.

Is this something I should worry about?

I am hoping the CPU load fix will make this temeprature condition disappear altogether.

Ducati848 wrote:

Appears there’s lots of people suffering with this issue, so rather than start a new post i’ll cut to the chase. Is this being addressed by WD?

It appears what is in the following post can solve the issue.  It did, at least for me.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Hidden-wdmc-directories-created-by-mcserver-and-photodbmerger/m-p/682091/highlight/true#M7765

There is a comment from a WD staff in the thread above, so WD is aware of this.

I hope next round of firmware update will address this issue.  

At least there should be a switch in the Dashboard to keep photodbmerger and wdmcserver off, so that everyone won’t have to bother tinkering with SSH.