Help with final steps to unbrick my Gen 2 MyCloud Home

Hi All,

Hope your well. I have been able to get about halfway through the guides identified online to unbrick my Gen 2 MyCloud Home. I’m at the point where I can access the Safe Mode page from the browser. I get the following text:

Safe Mode

Your device firmware appears to be corrupted and your device is currently running in Safe Mode.

Please download the latest firmware from the WD Support website at http:\www.support.wdc.com and upload the firmware file below:

|Firmware Version:|1.01.007|
| — | — |
|Upload File:||

However, I am trying to load the latest version of the OS3 Firmware to bring the drive back but it seems to get stuck at 100% and never finishes the firmware update.

Just quietly, I’m hoping Bennor will see this post and jump in to assist. I’ve read just about every post from them on how to try and bring this device back from the brink…

There is no such a thing as a Gen2 My Cloud Home. The My Cloud Home has a completely different CPU, firmware, memory and OS than the My Cloud which is what you have.

If you could please go to the appropriate OS3 subforum, there will be readers and users who would understand your work. Such as the link below. You can click on either ‘My Cloud’ heading below to go to that subforum.

Thanks for the clarification NoPlex. I have posted this topic in the forum suggested.

1 Like