Hdmi out not working but component out works

Just FYI, Component does not support 1080p.   1080i is the highest it can do.

Thanks Kelley for quick answer!

Digital or stereo for stuttering sound do not change anything. All about this in my separate post which you also replied to.

You have three alternatives in WD TV Live: HDMI-auto, Component, or Composite

Since I have a hdmi cable connected I chose hdmi auto.

My Sony bravia TV does not recognize any devices connected to the WD TV Live hdmi port.

I shall search the net to see if anybody else has this problem.

Since I got the video through the hdmi connection you perhaps not say that this is a problem now.

Sound do not go through the hdmi connection. Perhaps monosound always go through component?

It was a big problem when I installed everything according to instruction and nothing worked.

Regards

Yes, but when you choose “HDMI” in that section it will then take you to a sub-section where you can choose your resolution.  Do NOT let it default to “auto” but change it a a specific resolution just to see if that solves the problem.

Otherwise it’s probably a file issue.

You are rigth!

I missed the selection of resolution.

I tested different settings but could not see any big difference.

720p or 1080p. Sound is not affected. Do not yet go through hdmi.

I close this post now  for me  since it works with all cables connected.

Stuttering sound in .mov files is still a problem. Hope for help in that post.

Regards

Hey guys. I bought a WD TV HD Media Player yesterday. I tried connecting the player via HDMI cable to my Sony Bravia HD TV. It didnt work!! Please suggest any solution if available…

Guheshi wrote:

Hey guys. I bought a WD TV HD Media Player yesterday. I tried connecting the player via HDMI cable to my Sony Bravia HD TV. It didnt work!! Please suggest any solution if available…

Have you tried the composite or component to see that the unit actually works plus do you have a Live or a live plus.

I had the same problem as listed ealier in this thread.

I started connecting my Sony Bravia with only hdmi cables according to instructions.

Nothing happened.

Connecting all the other cables to the TV and chosing components in my TV resulted in a respons in my Sony. Updated firmware and proceeded.

Facts:  No sound through hdmi.

Removing hdmi cable resulted in a reduction from 1080p to 720p. Thus it seems that the hdmi cable is         working for video and pictures.

Regards