[GUIDE] Fix Dashboard Errors 3xxxx

There is a bug in the new firmware that hangs it at 90% WD is working on a fix so I would just hold out

1 Like

All right. So do you mean nothing i can do at this stage with my MBL? it drived me crazy!!!

Thank you, thank you thank you :smiley: Had one of our home office network drives not recognizable by our Windows 7 computers. For some reason it was seeing the drive at a total different network address range. Resetting using SSH allowed us to restore the drive and all data was still there.

Everytime I enter http://mybooklive/UI/ssh it just goes straight to http://mybooklive/UI/login

I can’t seem to get past 1st base to enable ssh access

Go ahead and enter your password and then when you get to the dashboard, go up to the address bar and add ssh to the end of the url and hit enter and you should be golden.

Hi,

I’ve done all the steps from a Mac and it seemed to work fine. I’ve got the welcome screen, I have chosen the language and clicked on “Start”. Unfortunatelly I got back to the “Initializing device…”. The name of the device was changed back to mybooklive, so it looks like somethings was reset. But I could only see the Public share and the dashboard was still inaccessible. I did the procedure one more time and I got the same results. Any ideas?

I see in the dashboard that my data still exists (342 GB/2 TB), but I can’t access it. Before the reset I was able to see the data, everything was ok except the dashboard. Also, if I don’t know the old names of the shares, what do I do?

[update] I ssh-ed again and I can see that all my shares and data are there - so now I know the names of my shares…

Thanks & best regards,

Dumi.

@dban Is your MBL OK or do you need further help? I’m confused because in one line you say

“and the dashboard was still inaccessible”

and then you say

“I see in the dashboard that my data still exists”

Let me know

1 Like

The dashboard was inaccessible because it was “initializing device”, but I could see at the bottom of the page that 342 MB of the disk space was still occupied.

Anyway, at this point my MBL is working and all my data is ok. I had to use Guide 3 from another post of yours - [GUIDE] Restore/Downgrade firmware via the reset button - to restore it (firmware version 02.32.05-046). But now I’m afraid to try again to upgrade to the latest firmware version, 02.42.03-027, since this one broke it. Is there a safe way to do it or is it something wrong with this version and I should wait for another release?

Thanks & best regards,

Dumi.

Ahh ok I got ya. I upgraded ok to the latest version when I tested it but results seem to vary from person to person. Now that you have a totally clean OS it might go through without issue but I can’t guarantee it.

I did it again and it worked. It took a while and I almost thought that it will fail again, but in the end everything was fine. So, my MBL is up-to-date :wink:

Thanks & best regards,

Dumi.

Excellent, glad everything went through ok :slight_smile:

I followed all the instructions to the letter regarding a Mac and the My Book Live dashboard is still showing the “Initializing Device.  Please Wait” overlay, now in it’s fourth day.  Rebooting does not work for me.  I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong.  This is after attempting firmware upgrade 

02.11.09-053

Please help.

EDIT

See below as you already have SSH enabled

1 Like
  1. Download firmware

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-021109-053-20120413.deb

1. Copy the firmware to your Public folder

2. SSH into the device and issue

cp /DataVolume/shares/Public/apnc-021109-053-20120413.deb /CacheVolume

3. Now start the manual update

cd /usr/local/sbin

updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /CacheVolume/apnc-021109-053-20120413.deb

4. Let the device update and reboot and cross your fingers

2 Likes

I can’t open the dash board, tve tried allsorts.

in WD LINK mybooklive is is in DEVICES FOUND,

when t press configure button (which turns yellow) nothing happens.

when i write IP name in Google chrome comes up cannot find.

anyone help.

thanks bobbie

Hi I have a similar problem I updated the firmware to 02.43.03-22 I went into dashboard and could not access settings.

I had to type in settings at the end of the URL I.E. 192.168.0.4/settings.

I then get this error

31125 - Error retrieving usage values: The operation was aborted while the server was processing the request. The operation may or may not have been completed successfully. Please refresh the page and try again.

I then found this guide thinking this would fix the errors, I managed to follow the guide and everything seemed to work except I have 1.4TB of data I had in a private share that I cannot access. Is there any way of retrieving this Data?

Running Win7, MBL 3TB

If I could retrieve this Data could I then do a factory restore?

Thanks