[GUIDE] Fix Dashboard Errors 3xxxx

nfodiz wrote:

Amber could just be a sign that it’s not connecting to the network. If I unplug the MBL ethernet cable from my router, I get a flashing amber LED

ITS JUST GONE GREEN!!! - i could kiss you!

We may be looking at a network issue. When you gave the drive a static IP did you use DHCP reservation on your router to reserve that ip specifically for your MyBookLive? If not, maybe another device on your network has grabbed that IP address on you. DHCP may be the best way to go if your router does not support DHCP reservations

1 Like

nfodiz wrote:

We may be looking at a network issue. When you gave the drive a static IP did you use DHCP reservation on your router to reserve that ip specifically for you MyBookLive? If not, maybe another device on your network has grabbed that static IP address on you.

the WD helpdesk told me to do it via the dashboard, i didnt do anything in my router settings

i was just able to log into the dashboard and saw step 6!! woo hoo!!

Were you having issues when it was set to DHCP?

1 Like

the issue ws logging into the Dashboard was intermitent . Each time i navigated to http://mybooklive.local - I got the message “unable to connect” so he suggested to set up a static IP. So i did what he said. Think that what may have caused these issues. Just not sure what to do now

What model router do you have?

1 Like

nfodiz wrote:

What model router do you have?

its a Sky sagem router - box says SAGEM F@ST 2504

I have gone into the settings, its gone back to DHCP since doing the reset. Hurrah! but its still coming up with random errors in the Dashboard.

Seems like the drive keeps hibernating and i have to keep resetting it with a pin so i can access the dashboard again

I would connect everything back the way it was and login to your modem/router combo

http://192.168.0.1

You then need to click on the Further Diagnostic Help , marked A bottom left hand side.

Defaults are username: admin password: sky (unless you have already changed them)

Look under the different menus for DHCP reservation and reserve the static IP of your MyBookLive

nfodiz wrote:

I would connect everything back the way it was and login to your modem/router combo

You then need to click on the Further Diagnostic Help , marked A bottom left hand side.

Defaults are username: admin password: sky (unless you have already changed them)

Look under the different menus for DHCP reservation and reserve the static IP of your MyBookLive

Im logging into my sky router now, do you suggest i do the same again in the Dashboard and reserve an IP address

Make sure your router supports DHCP reservation first. If it does, add the MybookLive to the list with an empty IP in the 192.168.0. range andt hen change the MyBookLive back to static and use that same IP. Hopefully this fixes your issue.

As far as the dashboard still throwing errors, you may need to follow the guide I linked to earlier, but I would get the network stable first

nfodiz wrote:

Sky routers don’t have that option i have had to google it to try figure out a way around it but it seems like a common issue.

Thank you so much for you’re help this evening! nothing but KUDOS all the way!

Your welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ignore that about sky! they do i’m making the amends as we speak :slight_smile:

1.jpgI’ve done according to your instruction. But on step 5, how long should I wait?

10 seconds seems to work for me

1 Like

Hi

many tks for your prompt feedback. But it seems doesn’t work on my device. I waited about half an hour. And it still like the picture I uploaded. And the light on device is white( a bit purple). I wouldn’t see the sentense as you said in the instruction. Then I reboot it by the command and the update still failed.

I can’t see the picture until a mod approves it. What is the reason for you trying this guide? It almost sounds like you have a semi bricked device by the way you describe the LED

1 Like

Hi nofodiz,

I’m trying your instruction because I can’t update my device by automatic update or manual update from file.

An after service officer told me to do according to your instruction.

I did most of the instruction. And it appeared to me find but only the step 5. I input the commond but no response. The statue like that it’s wait me to input another commond. I’ve waited for 30 min but still like that. Then I input reboot commond. it’s rebooted. but still can’t be update.