[GUIDE] Debrick a completely dead MyCloud

Reboot the computer you are using to view the contents (using Gparted) of the My Cloud drive. If after reboot Gparted is still showing an empty drive then it would appear you did something wrong during the unbricking process using the directions you linked to.

If I understand that process in that thread it would appear its trying to write the img file; partitions, formats, and file data to the corresponding partitions of the My Cloud hard drive. As such if there is a problem with the process it could result in the process aborting or completing but with disc errors.

Reading through that : [GUIDE] How To Unbrick your 2TB/3TB/4TB My Cloud thread it would appear a great many had problems of one sort or another when trying to unbrick their My Cloud using the files linked to in that thread and the directions used in that thread.

Personally I’ve had issues in the past using the various methods to unbrick mentioned in this subforum. Most all have fail for me due to one cause or another. I’ve had good luck with the Fox_Exe directions posted above to unbrick a number of drives for my first gen v4.x single bay My Cloud. However its easy to make an error, usually I end up running the unbrick process two or three times before it works properly. But as with any unbrick direction one has to be careful on ensuring they are working with the right hard drive (/dev/sdx) and writing the files to that hard drive. Its why I usually remove all other hard drive other than the My Cloud hard drive from my system and use a Linux Boot Disc/Boot USB Flash Drive to boot and perform the unbrick process.