Gawk and other utilities

In the past I saw a entry on the forum that someone had compiled some apps.  that are not released with the standard My Cloud.  I can’t find this thread.  I’m looking for gawk that works on the My cloud.

Thanks

RAC

Here is the thread of software working on version 4 firmware: Repository with software worked on v4 firmware

Thanks

RAC

The only thread I could find that may relate to what you are looking for is this one:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/GUIDE-Cross-Compiling-Transmission-2-82/m-p/631649/highlight/true#M2313

Hopefully an experienced User will be able to assist.

Bennor answered the question.

I’m pretty sure AWK is already there, because I use loads of AWK scripts for media metadata manipulation, and I do that on the MyCloud via SSH, as it’s faster running locally than having to run on a remopte machine and pull a lot of data over the ethernet link.

Yes awk is on the device.  But the version of awk on the device does not define strftime.  gawk is supposed to define strftime.

But in the mean time I tink I have solved my problem with a perl script.

Thanks

RAC

I can give you some PostScript code to take a unix timestamp and create all the date and time fields you might require… I might even have some AWK to do the job as a test vehicle…

Or this:

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1309170

Looking arond the MyCloud, I see that there are three AWKs in /usr/bin

awk

mawk

nawk

awk points to /etc/alternatives/awk

nawk points to /etc/alternatives/nawk

but mawk exists natively in /usr/bin

But mawk doesn’t seem to support strftime, either…

Oh, the many flavours of AWK…

Thanks for the info.  I spent several hoursa trying to figure how to convert a timestamp value to a readable time.   I finally was able to do it in perl.  All I wanted was a script to print out the result blktrace and convert the relative timestamp into the actual time so I could compare the disk I/O’s with the sleep times in the user.log.

I now have a script the will do what I want.  All of this just to find out why the system wakes up.

Thanks

RAC