Further firmware updates for WD TV Live Plus?

Are there any plans to update the firmware of the WD TV Live Plus? I’d like to have the Slingbox app and hate to think my player has technologically plateaued.

Yes, WD is planning on releasing at least one more firmware update for the Live Plus. However, it has been over a year since the last update. For more information, please see this thread:

Official Response Thread

At least one moref firmware update?  Does that mean this product being phased?  And by what replacement?

I purchased this product over the Roku because I figured for sure a big name such as WD would have frequent updates and features.  Don’t tell me i’m wrong.

zerolennon wrote:

Does that mean this product being phased [out]? 

Of course.   That’s certainly not news… This generation of product line was introduced more than three years ago.

It’s since been replaced by the Live Hub (in 2010) and Live SMP (in 2011).

It would be nice to have the one last update or indication from WD if it’s still a possibility.

Brian_N_DC wrote:

It would be nice to have the one last update or indication from WD if it’s still a possibility.

You never read the thread. It is going to happen quite soon.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware-Networking/Request-Official-WD-Response/m-p/453652/highlight/true#M15537