Request Official WD Response

I hoped that a nicely worded email to the right people would result in confirmation that an update was planned.  I also hoped that Bill would be able to provide more detail around the reasons the release was late, which fixes we could expect and a 90% release date. 

While it seems a release is coming, it seems I have failed on all the other objectives.  Sorry.

PJPro wrote:

I hoped that a nicely worded email to the right people would result in confirmation that an update was planned.  I also hoped that Bill would be able to provide more detail around the reasons the release was late, which fixes we could expect and a 90% release date. 

While it seems a release is coming, it seems I have failed on all the other objectives.  Sorry.

Does that mean that basically you lied and you don’t really have a date.

richUK wrote:

PJPro wrote:

Does that mean that basically you lied and you don’t really have a date.

Yes, I was given a date.  I have subsequently been asked not to share that date.

PJPro wrote:

Yes, I was given a date.  I have subsequently been asked not to share that date.

This is unbelievable.

VP

yep, guess i was right…three black vans are now surrounding my house…oopsss…

Well, guys, at least you have two of us saying the same thing. 

[edit]

And just so you know, what PJPro shared is from a legitimate source.  So, there shouldn’t be a question of if, but when.  And if what was told to him holds up, which I believe will, then it’s not that far down the road either.  Not super close.  But not too far.

What a topic!

:laughing:

This is like waiting for Guns N’ Roses: Chinese Democracy

I have read this thread every day and while my unit works pretty much without issue, I think it is ridiculous that 1 full year has come to pass and no fix for those who need it. I know many who bought this unit before it was even thought of as being EOL and only ever updated ONCE to this current firmware only to have said unit become a paper weight.

I would expect more from a company such as Western Digital. Not only do they not release a fix for who knows how many broken units, but surround the releasse of a so-called release in some sort of shrouded secrecy. Why not just tell peple when to expect a fix ? Why do we all keep reading ‘SOON’ …

Again. My unit works fine aside from the occational simple error of not seeing my network but a quick press of the back button and retry fixes it. It’s just too bad so many have it so bad for money well spent and have little to no answers.

Except G N’ R actually released their album even though the record company was to blame. You gotta take Axl’s words, and he pushed that project through.

well, im giving up on wd now, just ordered a popcorn hour :slight_smile: they at least have something called customer service…

Vocalpoint wrote:

PJPro wrote:

This is unbelievable.

VP

I totally agree.

Bill_S wrote:

[edit]

And just so you know, what PJPro shared is from a legitimate source.  So, there shouldn’t be a question of if, but when.  And if what was told to him holds up, which I believe will, then it’s not that far down the road either.  Not super close.  But not too far.

So…I’m going to wager that IF this new f/w comes at all, it’ll be our “Christmas present” from WD.  My other wager is that it’ll break just as much as it fixes and probably add junk no one needs like being able to “pin” your currently playing file to Pinterest.

1 Like

PJPro wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

[edit]

• *> So essentially we should all send strongly worded emails above and beyond so that too can all get this top secret clearance release date??  Seems pretty silly and counterproductive for this guy to leak the rls date to one person and then ask them not to reveal it.  Then to give cryptic language like “its not that far…” “nor super close”

so, any news about this mystery firmware update yet ? How about it Bill S ???

There is a new firmware AND hardware release. It’s called ‘anything made by a company other than WD’. What a debacle. Bill_S, I’m sure you’ve had some sort of pressure to limit what you’re able to say, but you’ve handled this entire situation catastrophically. You’ve been the spokesperson for WD, and you’ve made a large company look foolish. I’m sure you’re a nice guy, but if you worked for me I’d have fired you over how you’ve handled the situation here.

apnea wrote:

There is a new firmware AND hardware release. It’s called ‘anything made by a company other than WD’. What a debacle. Bill_S, I’m sure you’ve had some sort of pressure to limit what you’re able to say, but you’ve handled this entire situation catastrophically. You’ve been the spokesperson for WD, and you’ve made a large company look foolish. I’m sure you’re a nice guy, but if you worked for me I’d have fired you over how you’ve handled the situation here.

+1

How have I handled this situation catostrophically?  And how have I made my company look foolish?  And why would you fire someone who’s had absolutely no control over a situation?  

+1

esarparn wrote:

so, any news about this mystery firmware update yet ? How about it Bill S ???

Sorry, just saw this.  It’s still on its way. 

Hot dammnn, this thread is still alive?