FTP problem

Hi guys, i need your help again with ex2 device

I am trying to enable FTP. I turned the function ON, i created a share with ftp access also for annonymous users. I also port forwarded the FTP service on the router ( ports 21, 990,  55536, 55663). I also forwarded the ports on the NAS

From browser, i can access via internet the FTP folder, but it shows empty, even if i have data in it.

From Filezila, i connect but i get eventualy this error

Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status:    Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.
Command:    MLSD
Error:    Connection timed out
Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Please advise…

PS: after hours of settings changing, i manage to connect ONLY via unencrypted FTP :frowning: . No matter how much i switched between explicit/implicit TLS, i couldn’t get it to connect. It always stops at Reading the file directory

Hi adicrst, see if the following link helps. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2680/session/L3RpbWUvMTQyNzY2MDk1Mi9zaWQvS0IzRHh5aW0%3D

hey jubei04, thanks for the reply…but with that article i’ve started the configuration. however, that is not enough since there is no info about router port forwarding, no info about the encryption level.

Like I said, i managed to make it work, but only without encryption. If i choose implicit/explicit TLS the directory list is not being retived by the FTP client.

Hi adicrst,
I just buy my own NAS and had your same problem. So I look how FTP work, specificaly the passive mode. When you enter passive mode, the FTP server is the “master” and your client only reply to it. Actualy, communication happen on different ports then the one (21) used for the transfer of files. I can set these ports configuring the FTP options in my device in the page when he ask you about passive mode (you have to choose the manual config). Then you have to forward all these ports on your routers to your nas and it will work.
Hope this can help,
jacopo