First Time Installing Transmission

Hello everyone!

I’m a casual user of mycloud and having problem installing transmission for the first time.
Was following this thread but getting an error
/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/transmission-settings.sh: line 33: transmission-daemon: not found
when I hit
sh /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/transmission-settings.sh
Any idea how to fix this?

Those directions were for OS3 (v2.x firmware). If one is running OS5 (v5.x firmware) the OS3 methods may not work due to newer/possibly different firmware and possibly a different root firmware folder structure.

Oh no! Do you know any thread I can follow to install transmission on OS5? :cry:

Use the forum search feature, magnifying glass icon top right, if you haven’t already to search for past Transmission discussions. There are a fair number of them:
https://community.wd.com/search?q=transmission%20%23os5

Transmission is apparently not officially supported on the single bay OS5 My Cloud. For multi bay OS5 My Cloud models, Transmission may be available as a 3rd party app. One can manually install 3rd party Apps if they don’t show up via the My Cloud Dashboard App tab (add app option).

My Cloud OS 5: Download and Install 3rd Party Apps Manually

Well I have searched for hours. I ended up posting this as a result.

Lots of people share the problems about using transmission but surprisingly lack of instructions…

Found .bin file and installed manually and can see it on the dashboard. But when I click configure button at the app dashboard, it just shows error saying 192.168.0.59 refused connection.