First and Final Review

Due to the decision to no longer support WD Discovery software, WD My Cloud Home is no longer fit for purpose. I was once able to use this product from anywhere in the world, now you have to download and upload files which is not efficient and defeats the purpose of remote access.

I have contacted WD Service Staff on a number of occassions with all providing the same response, no longer supported, you can access from local network and absolutely no care factor at all.

Basically, this means that WD are an untrustworthy provider because at any stage they can (and have) remove critical sfotware makign your purchase basically useless.

I have now performed my research and there are so many excellent products on the market that will not only meet my basic need but so much more.

So with that, I will not be using or recommending to my customers the use of any WD product.

Thank you

Can you please recommand some of those exellent product please? I also had enough with WD wasting my data and not finding a fix for it, so I’m planning to move on to another product.

I am not going to say that My Cloud Home is good, but I am saying it is cheap enough and good enough to fulfill a need, that is why it is the number one seller in its class on Amazon.

The WD Discovery software support of Desktops was something that was not part of the original introduction of the My Cloud Home and it tried and offered too much to be sustainable. Many My Cloud Home owners were abusing WD Discovery with 30 users and terabytes of data transfer which would cost the equivalent of $4,300 a year from Google Workspace, a commercial product.

On the subject of WD Discovery, circa 2019: