Firmware BUG Confirmed V1.04.10 MKV files network share

Hi guys. I’m new in the forum. I have a problem with my WD TV LIVE. I have a WD Elements 1TB, HDMI, and my tv Lcd HD Ready. When i play the 720p mkv movie, the picture is not the best. I notice some lug on the motion (maybe i lose a frame). I do not use network sharing. My firmware is 1.03.49.Do you know what the problem is? Any suggestions?

Thank you

well, fixed the mkv freezing up. Using a custom firmware (wdlxtv), and enabling NFS as a streaming share instead of CIFS (less overhead) i can now stream my 40 gb mkvs over the lan with no stutteringm using about 40% bandwidth on 100mb/s line . takes a bit of knowledge though about mounting in unix, but there are good forums around this. look it up. If wdlive would just support nfs, it would be a simple fix…

So jpref ,how about posting firmware somewhere and providing us a link?

here you go, cant tell you much more than do some major reading, took me about a day to get the full thing running:

http://wdlxtv.com/wdlxtv-live/

download link at the bottom

enjoy and good luck!

i think i’ll give this firmware a try. can you tell me is netflix ,blockbuster the weather and all the other online media present on this firmware? firmware date is April 18, 2010

Timekeeper wrote:

i think i’ll give this firmware a try. can you tell me is netflix ,blockbuster the weather and all the other online media present on this firmware? firmware date is April 18, 2010

It’s based off of the 1.02.21 firmware so I would doubt it. Also this I believe is only for the Live so there would be no Netflix or Blockbuster.

ok then. I guess we are still looking for a fix for the mkv then. thanks anyway.

I am having the same mkv playback issues with the 1.04.10 and 17 versions. The problem goes away when I roll back to 1.03.49. 

yes i have tried to roll back also but then i have network issues.

Timekeeper

A newer version of wdlxtv  for live and live plus based on 1.03.49 click here

Never tried wdlxtv, so I can’t say if good or not.

I have 3 WDTV Live Plus’ all running the above mentioned firmware( 1.03.49_B-WDLXTV-Plus-0.4.5.3).  2 of these are on wired connections and one is running wireless.  I have my movies shared via nfsd on my computer and xmounted on each WDTVL+ as a local drive.  I have so far had no problems with playback of any of my files MKV or otherwise.  The firmware also adds a web frontend to configure the WDTVL+ unit.  Also there are options to share attached external HD’s via samba/CIFS or NFS on your local network.  The current version is based on the stock 1.03.49 firmware so all the Plus features that are on that version are present on B-Rad’s version.  He has done fantastic work.  It all started with him trying to fix the very first wdtv he bought that had firmware problems. During an interview you can watch on you tube he mentions that he has talked with WD engineers on the subject of his firmware and they like what he is doing.  It takes some work to get all the added options working but it is worth the work.  I can set at my computer and configure any of the units and reboot them all from the web frontend. I am very happy with my decision to go with his firmware.

digonzo, do u still get netflix and blockbuster with these firmwares?

Well as it is based on the 1.03.49 stock firmware…it has all that that  firmware has.  It is my understanding the Blockbuster access was added in the stock 1.04 versions of the firmware.  It does have some options to add custom content or channels via a built-in UMSP Media Server . Look here for more info: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=86

thanks. i will have to try because this latest firmware seems to be worse thanever.

you lose the facebook ,pandora with thw wdlxtcv firmware, but doesnt matter cuz at least you can now watch the vhigh def videos without stutter. WD has really botched these last few firmwares.

I’ve wanted nothing more than to shoot my tv right now even though its the wdtv box. but i will hope for a better firmware rather than buy a new tv. So I will just have patience and wait. GD WDTV

Not sure if its gone forever but I found I needed my nic replace after this mkvs have been fine.  Doubt it had anything to do with the new update but the new nic has worked wonders.