DVD Video TS Folders

I am having the same problem here! I have a hub and originally started converting my files to ISO but discovered theVideo_TS folders would play on my ps3, so I converted the rest to Video-TS, I guess now I am stuck converting 2TB worth of movies to ISO so i can use this device.

Same issue here as well…everything seems to stream fine except for ripped DVD VIDEO_TS folders.  Menus seem OK, but as soon as the actual movie is started it starts to turn into a slide show.  What Tony said regarding the opening/closing of files makes sense regarding the uneccesary bandwidth when streaming these.  I can’t really use ISOs because my Cirago NUS1000 doesn’t support writing to NTFS, so I’m stuck with the 4GB file limit, which .ISOs go over.

Someone from Western Digital chime in on as to if they are working on a fix on this for a future firmware release please?

Same problem here with 1.05.18 and 1.06.04 and 1.07.15.   DVD video_ts files play fine from usb drives directly attached to player.  When same video_ts files are played from shared network drive (win7 computer drive), they play fine for ~30 seconds and then starts stuttering and then audio drops out.   The higher the bit rate of the movie, the sooner the problem shows up.  This problem happens for both wired and wireless playback.  I have other brands of video players that plays the same files on my network without this stutter problem.  Another issue is that it won’t show the coverart for my dvd movies on the attached usb drive, but will show the coverart for the same movies on my network shares.   I can’t believe these problems still have not been fixed by WD after all of this time and complaints from everyone. 

Hi, since last week i own a new “WD TV Live Streaming Media Player” (Gen3). Latest firmware Release 1.08.17 (5/7/2012) 

My player is connected by gigabit network  to a gigabit-router, which has a 300Mbit WIFI connection to a fast laptop.
All movies play exelent, even 1080p HD movies (mkv/ts). 

But most of my video’s are DVD’s stored in VIDEO_TS folders. The player fails to play these well, after a few seconds the movie freezes, or starts playing very slow without sound.

DVD’s in ISO format also play well, but i am not planning to convert video’s …

All my mediaplayers i owned before where able to play VIDEO_TS folders over my network configuration.

Anyone found a solution without using a local USB drive or converting video’s?

Glad to see it wasn’t just me. My older Live Plus players played Video_TS folders just fine. I bought the newer SMP and I can’t play video at all from them. The screen just goes dark and nothing plays. Was this by design or is this a bug?

mu51c10rd wrote:

Glad to see it wasn’t just me. My older Live Plus players played Video_TS folders just fine. I bought the newer SMP and I can’t play video at all from them. The screen just goes dark and nothing plays. Was this by design or is this a bug?

I occasionally have an iso file that does that.  I found if you hit STOP, then OK to play it, it will ask if you want to resume or start over.  Click on Resume and it plays.

Yeah, a kludge workaround for sure.