Duplicate Photos

Not to be THAT GUY;

but your post seems familiar. . . . Duplicate Photos - My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage / My Cloud - WD Community

So - - - as it happens; WD is about to launch a subscription app to do this very thing. Funny the coincidence here.

Of course, the only way it will work is by using the indexing process pushed by OS/5 for web access.

From reading posts, and my own experience with an EX2 ultra. . . .this indexing process SHOULD NOT BE RUN on a MyCloudMirror, OR the older MyCloud. Performance on these units is abysmal; and there are numerous reports of the older MyCloud getting BRICKED by running the software.

I watched OS5 index 1TB of data on an EX2 Ultra. . . while the process worked; I found the performance of the software flatly barely tolerable.

For more powerful units, the indexing process was supplemented by a transcoding process (so you could watch your hi-rez videos in low rez over the web). While it didn’t flat out brick the more powerful units. . . .people reported indexing progress as low as 1% per day. . .with the unit basically unusable in that time.

In the 10 months since OS5 appeared; the fundamental flaws of the indexing process have NOT been addressed and barely acknowledged. The only substantive improvement was a button to make the horrible transcoding process optional.