Drive says it is full, but it is not

Sorry ect…a full backup 3Tb drive is no fun…I’ve previously posted on this link: 1 TB Storage Amount is Not Correct

• when you originally set up your schedule, you may have asked for the whole C: drive, or folders that mimic the whole drive.
  • my suggestion is to download a Free version of Treesize…a disk folder/file evaluator. After you run this, takes a few min with a progress bar on the bottom, you can view a Tree structure that shows all the folders/files on the backup drive. You can also expand each branch and drill down to expand. You can sort using Size or Files. For me, I used this program to uncover Millions of cache2 pointers from a Mozilla AppData/Local directory. Ended up Explorer deleting millions.
  • I ended up changing my backup files to exclude much of the access stuff being backed up. I realized that ultimately, my work, home, play, bookmarks and a few other files are most important. If I crash, I want my stuff available.
  • so, first you must find out whats on your storage, and also on your C: drives…then you can go forward. The History folder is the previous backups, and the Volume contain the current online files/folder.
  • here is a portion of my Passport, WD Backup.swstor folder with Treesize. Not too big now.

Hope you find you large file/folder location.