Do not update 1.02.10 firmware

The latest stable version is 01-02-06, as I remember. It worked correctly with features pack with transmission. Can WD-team release 01-02-06 as 01-02-11? As I understand, in this case it will be much easier to upgrade (downgrade) the current not working version…

Same here. Updated and now my Mac cannot see my WD MyBookWorld NAS

Hey youju,

I understand if we can get the 01-02-06.img and flashed it to MBWE, we can resolve the problem since you´ve shown us that we can donwgrade the fw.

If anybody has the image of 01-02-06, please share with us;

Have WD got in touch with you about this? Have you open a trouble ticket with them?

Have WD got in touch with you about this? Have you open a trouble ticket with them?

No, not yet. But I`m going to. I will let you know if you are interested.

Smafra wrote:

Hey youju,

I understand if we can get the 01-02-06.img and flashed it to MBWE, we can resolve the problem since you´ve shown us that we can donwgrade the fw.

If anybody has the image of 01-02-06, please share with us;

+1.

WD - please can you re-post the 01-02-06.img together with instructions as to how to downgrade to this firmware which worked absolutely fine.

Thanks.

youju wrote:

From WD Support:

“Unfortunately we cannot rollback on the firmware in a My Book external drive. We do not have any access to the old firmwares only the latest versions.”

monoskier wrote:

youju wrote:

From WD Support:

“Unfortunately we cannot rollback on the firmware in a My Book external drive. We do not have any access to the old firmwares only the latest versions.”

What absolute drivel!

rolling back cannot be done because it’s not technically possible or they simply don’t allow it?

And we are supposed to believe that all old firmware miraculously disappears and is suddenly unavailable when a new version is released?

Come on WD, you have a number of seriously annoyed customers here waiting for a solution. The old firmware worked so why can’t we have it back?

We do not have any access to the old firmwares only the latest versions!!!:mansurprised::robotsurprised::dizzy_face::womansurprised:

I’m sorry for error. 

I call the Maxtor support …

…bingo! We have!
www.maxtor.com/wdhxnc-01.02.06.img.html

Hummm… Is this link correct? 

is a provocation

link doesn’t work though.

Not Found

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the  referring page.

It´s a joke… I presume.

If youve flashed your WD MyBookWorld to the new release of the firmware (version 01.02.10), the unit

will not allow you to reflash with a version that is earlier as it checks if the release that is current

is the latest by its number.
Bellow is the method I used to get the unit to accept the earlier firmware. I cant be responsible if

anything goes wrong but can only tell you that it has worked on my unit. The flash file I used was from

a link to “wdhxnc-01.02.05.img” mentioned in an earlier thread from

You will need Putty.exe , download it from http://www.putty.org/

Logon to your WD MyBookWorld via your internet browser
Click on Advanced Mode
Select the system Tab
Click on Advanced
make sure that SSH Access is checked then click on Submit

connect via PUTTY to the MybookWorld (port 22)
login as root
password : welc0me    (0 is a zero)

issue the commands:

mv /etc/version /etc/version.ori

echo 01.00.14>/etc/version

exit

Logon in to your WD MyBookWorld via your internet browser
Click on Advanced Mode
Select the Update Tab
click on Manual
Browse to the Firmware file and then click on Submit

This will flash the unit to the firmware version of your file.

Hope this helps.

**** WD Support guys provide no help ****

5 Likes

Hey Spanners,

Thank you so much for your fantastic tutorial. I´d flashed the firmware with sucess.

Now I´m make the final tests to see if the network link sustains itself.

Link to the last _ working _ version 1.02.06: fileape.com

Rename it to:  wdhxnc-01.02.06.img

NOTE: I haven’t got the chance to test it myself. Use it at your own risk!

3 Likes

My Book still works with 01-02-05 firmware (about 20 hrs).
Bourne, thank you for the link. I’ll try 01-02-06 (wdhxnc-01.02.06_010411.img).

I’ve tried both of them and they work.

Thanks for the workarround.

Hey fellows.

Thanks so much. It´s working well and stable. All features pack that I use (OpenVPN and Transmission) are OK! 

This should be recorded (the firmware and the proc to enable to downgrade) in case of WD decides to launch another buggy firmware.

BTW. The only thing that I noticed is that after the downgrade, if you try to ask MBWE to see if there is a new firmware available, it tells you that 01.02.05 is the current version. Odd!

01-02-06 works well with feature pack with transmission.

thanx.