Deleting TM Backup file (".sparsebundle")

I recently acquired a newer iMac. Having 3 TB mirrored on my MBLD was helpful as I had 48% left on the drive(s). But now that I have successfully moved over all my files from my old to my new iMac AND the new iMac has made its own BU on TimeMachine, I want to delete the old iMac TM backup. Now I am down to 22% so you can see why I want to delete it.

It is listed as “iTowers.sparsebundle” in the TimeMachine folder on my MBLD. I admit it is a rather large file (1.23 TB)! I tried deleting it from Finder, but it just reads "Deleting “iTowers.sparsebundle.” It has been hours now (6 hrs. to be exact) and the same window is open. I have a photo below. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?  Thank you in advance for your help. 

Screen Shot - deleting sparsebundle.png

towers00,

It is possible your system is in the process of deleting the file, but is not providing a time frame. If needed, you can perform a Factory Restore within the Dashboard of your WD My Book Live Duo Personal Cloud Storage unit. It will erase the entire NAS.

I ended up doing a Factory Restore on MBLD.  22 hrs later, I am in the process of setting it up to a RAID 1 configuration and then do a fresh backup of my two Macs. It is sad that I could not simply delete the share within the Dashboard. I am thankful that I still have my files intact. Thanks for replying!