How can I delete my TimeMachine Backup Sparse bundle on my PR4100

I recently got a new MacBook Pro and want to delete the existing Time Machine backup for my old MacBook. I have tried numerous times using the recommended procedure.Steps to Delete a Time Machine Backup on My Cloud OS 5 and My Cloud Home It will not work. Eventually after many hours, I get an error message which I regret I didn’t screen capture to post here. After 3 attempts, I cannot delete the Sparse Bundle. The file is 2.4 TB taking up a large amount of space on my 24 TB PR4100 configured in RAID 5. I only have a 1TB hard drive on my new MacBook. I only other solution I can come up with at this point is to delete the entire Time Machine back up share through the OS5 interface. Will I be able to recreate a new Time Machine Backup share folder like the old one.

Hi @Flymiester1
Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

Ok, I’ll follow the link and open a support case. I have been able to delete about 700GB so far from when I started. When I started I had 12.1TB available. Now I have 12.8 TB. Some of it is deleting but it takes hours and days. But eventually it will stop and I will receive the error message. Here is the image.

I wish I could open up the sparse bundle and dissemble it a piece at a time.

I got WD Tech support who helped me fix this. The easiest thing to do is to delete the entire share folder, navigate to the Shares from the home screen, highlight the TimeMachineBackupShare, then delete the entire thing. It took over 2 hours to delete, but it was successful. Then I recreated a new Share and mapped it successfully. Very easy in the end. Follow the procedure here. How to Use macOS Time Machine Backups with a My Cloud OS 5