Deleting Empty Folders from Share

So I am having some issues.  I created folders in the share (first mistake) and now I am trying to move that data to a new share that I have more control over.  The issue is that when I try to delete the folders from the share, they reappear.  I also have the issue that some of the files I have copied remain in the share and I can’t delete them either, at this point I am stuck.  Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

The Community will beed a bit more information to assist.

I created folders in the share

What is the hame of the Share?

How was the folder created?

What NAS user did you login as?

Did the Share or Sun Folder have it’s permissions changed?

The issue is that when I try to delete the folders from the share, they reappear. 

What “if any” are the error message you receive?

From what interface are you attempting to delete the folder?

Regards,

Samuel Brown

Sam, sorry about that…

Here are the full detail. 

What is the name of the Share?  I did this in the public share and the folder is called Pictures, it was a stand alone folder.

How was the folder created?  I created this folder through a mapping from my pc through Windows Explorer

What NAS user did you login as?  I am logged in as the Admin

Did the Share or Sun Folder have it’s permissions changed?  No, not that I am aware of (and honestly it worked up until a week ago).

The issue is that when I try to delete the folders from the share, they reappear. 

What “if any” are the error message you receive?  It tells me “Access Denied”

From what interface are you attempting to delete the folder?

I am using Windows Explorer and I also logged in through the web interface and tried it from there and it didn’t work there either.

Hope this additional information helps.

It sounds like you may be experiencing this problem:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/Folders-Within-Public-Share-Read-Only-after-Firmware-Update/td-p/902536

Has your MyCloud upgraded its firmware in the last week? Do you have it set to automatic upgrade?

Thanks, this is my exact issue.  Looks like I lost the access after the firmware update.  So is there a known fix posted on the forums that I am missing?

Thanks!

See the last page for a patch:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/Folders-Within-Public-Share-Read-Only-after-Firmware-Update/td-p/902536/page/16