Delete Categories in videos

Hi,

Is there any way to delete all categories/views (except folders) on my Mycloud? My kids get confused when trying to watch a video on the xbox, and we never use the others.

Ideally I’d like our videos to be listed automatically when we hit the video app on the 360. Currently it goes Video app / folders / public / videos.

Thanks.

Hope that makes sense:smiley:

See Q. How can I change the media ‘views’ I see in my DLNA client? in Twonky FAQ

It’s a bit of effort, but you can customise the views that are made available to DLNA clients.

Or you can simply use the Twonky UI to change the ‘Navigation Type’ (in the ‘Settings|Sharing|Media Receivers’ control area) for a particular client. The default is ‘Advanced Navigation’, which brings up all those options you don’t want to see, but there are also much simpler options you can select.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back. I can’t seem to find anything twonky related on my device. It’s a basic 1 bay mycloud on fw v04.01.04-422.

jimbobjim82 wrote:

Thanks for getting back. I can’t seem to find anything twonky related on my device. It’s a basic 1 bay mycloud on fw v04.01.04-422.

See: How to access the Twonky Media Server on a WD NAS for more information on how to access the Twonky UI screen on your WD NAS device. Generally you access the Twonky UI on a WD My Cloud device by going to http://wdmycloud:9000 with a web browser. Note change the “wdmycloud” to the name of your device if you have changed the device name.

1 Like

That sorted it. Didn’t know you could access it.