Debit card for RMA? Is website not working?

Trying to do Advanced RMA.

When I submit my card info it says:

There was a system error while processing the request. Please try again in a few minutes. If necessary, you may also contact our support team for assistance.

I have tried multiple debit cards. You allow debit cards right? It warns that credit card is preferred, but that debit card is allowed. I tried my business debit mastercard, but that error message still happened tonight.

A few months ago my debit card worked fine for an Advanced RMA. Please let me know. I do not own a credit card.

Please advise.

@dsdestiny Why don’t you try, Contact WD, at the bottom right of this page or use this link?

Contact Support | WD Support

Doesn’t work for me either. Also don’t have a CC. Just debit card.

I don’t know about OP, but I did contact support via a case yesterday.

The India Customer service will reply in a week probably with generic info.

Is there anyone out there that did an advanced RMA on 28th or 29th today??? No matter what card I use, they all give that error message. But all my cards are debit. Did WD suddenly change their policy? Anyone have a credit card and did advanced RMA the past 48 hours?

Would like to know if I should wait for system to be fixed or I’ll very inconveniently do standard rma from now on

So nobody wants to chime in and say if it’s working for them or not?
Nobody has an advanced rma to do?
someone with a credit card, try to submit an RMA!
since nobody at WD answers customer service cases.

Hi everyone,

I can confirm we are having technical difficulties with the Advanced RMA system at the moment. I don’t have an ETA on a resolution, but I’m hopeful it will be fixed in a timely manner.

It’s not just you guys.

Just now I was not able to do an advanced RMA. All a sudden WD payment page won’t take a debit card.

So I was forced to do a standard RMA. . . .and then I couldn’t even pay for a UPS label, because the debit cards are even being declined on the UPS postage payment page.

Look at the UPS page error when I tried to pay with my debit card: https://ibb.co/erQXFS

I’ve used the same debit card for months to buy UPS postage labels through WD! But not today! Won’t work now!

So WD either got rid of allowing debit cards for anything, or their system is all messed up, and they don’t even know what’s going on and won’t even announce down for maintenance.

Please also inform WD tech team that the UPS postage page is also rejecting payment! I’ve used same debit card for 1 year with you guys to buy my postage to return defective drives, but now the UPS page will not accept my card just now. Screenshot: upslabel hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

First check that you’re not encountering the “0 Value” problem. You’ll get this same error endlessly no matter how many credit or debit cards you try. Western Digital refuses to fix this problem.

See this thread for the explanation and screenshots: Advice to WD to improve RMA process (mods/admins plz read)

still not working as of now what a shame

Hi @JohnCanon - The issue posted in this thread was resolved last month. If you are experiencing a similar issue, I’d recommend contacting technical support for assistance creating your RMA. If you still wish to post about your experience here on the WD Community, I’d recommend creating a new thread.

To prevent confusion here, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread since the original issue was resolved.