Dashboard not working after update

Hi,

Did a update to the lastest firmware. Since then my dashboard doesn’t load. 

The dashboard stays blank.

The LED is ok, I can map the drive via windows explorer.

Already did a hard reset.

Please advise.

Similar thing here. Dashboard is not population the capacity field and is overall extremly slow!

Also find the “black” GUI looks better

No problems here,

all went fine !

I am seeing same (unexpected) behaviour as well with dashboard.   Before update, all was good.  After, most all seems to be working fine (no missing shares etc) bt the “capacity” display is blank.  Was not previously using Twonky, but have tried turing it on (and off again), media scanning etc but to no avail.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force it to recalc and display through a SSH session command?

tim

See the  New Firmware? thread for additional comments on the Dashboard Capacity not showing issue. Per that thread a moderator passed it along to WD Support.

also be patient. this is a very low powered device and can take a very long time to stabiliaze after major operations like FW upgrade or large volume of data loads

reseting will just make it worse

After upgrading to the newest firmware, the dashboard is totally unaccessible. The My Cloud app cannot connect to the MyCloud and no SSH either. The shares show up in Explorer though.

Any solution to this? Thanks.

After the auto firmware upgrade to v04.04.00-307 yesterday, it worked fine for a day with the new interface.  When I login to the dashboard this morning, it displays “Error” in the Content section.  I rebooted it hoping that would correct the problem, but it didn’t really work.  It showed the yellow warning sign in the Device - Diagnosis section for about 20 minutes before it turned back to “OK”.

All the content information is gone.  It is now scanning the content again.  In the Content Scan Status, it shows a blue tick in all 4 areas (Videos, Music Tracks, Photos, and Others).  However, the description of each one is “Scan complete. 0 … processed”.

In the DLNA Media Server section, it is now showing (scan in progress).  I bought it for about 2 months now.  I notice the device is always scanning its content.  The scanning process is slow.  I am storing about 150,000 photos with some music and video files.  I add 10 to 20 photos each day, but it shouldn’t rescan the entire content everytime a file is added.  It is a frustrating experience.  The WD Photo is slow and works only on my iPad.  It is now showing 0 photo.

What have I done wrong?  I am just a regular user trying to store family photos and have access while I am on the road.  Am I too demanding  :(

After upgrade to 04.04.00-307 I can’t login into my My Cloud via browser. 

It looks like it is logging in but after all I have a blank page. Pages change automaticly and I can’t even change user name or type password. Screens which I show you changed automaticly. 

Dear all,

I am hoping that someone can help.

For around 2 months My Cloud has been working flawlessly and although this could be coincidental, since i added a large batch of Photos onto the drive a couple of weeks ago, i can no longer access my dashboard, which i would always do after adding data to make sure all was ok, within my DNLA database etc etc.

In the absense of being able to reboot, i have turned on and off and still no access. However, aside from the inability to access my dashboard, the drive functions perfectly normal as a DLNA server, shared drive locally and accesing remotely and even monthly auto safepoint worked overnight no prob.

I would be reluctant to do any form of restore as i have historically done a full restore and system restore to solve other problems and then on reconfiguring, it would not recongnise my previous safepoint to restore data, having to then manually drop and drag 1tb of data across and starting a new safepoint.

I m running the latest My Cloud firmware 04.01.04-422 and have been trying to access my dashboard on a macbook running  10.10.5 via safari.

Welcome to the Community.

We have passed along this information to WD Support. On the other hand, do you have access to another computer? The latest firmware revision is beyond the one currently used by your unit.

Regards,

Trancer.

Hi Trancer.

Thanks for your reply. I can get access to a Windows 7 netbook?
Oddly enough I got an auto email from My Cloud stating a new version has been released over night. Can I update if I cannot access dashboard?

Hello,

maybe we can analyse the problem together:
you need:

• What is the name of your cloud? → nameOfYourCloud
  • What is the ip of your cloud? → ipOfYourCloud
  1. try to reach via name:
              type in Browser-address: //nameOfYourCloud
  2. try to reach via ip:
              type in Browser-address: //ipOfYourCloud
  3. ping your cloud
             for win: open a cmd and type the following command:
             ping ipOfYourCloud

best regards,

phiL

PS: Please give feedback for the next users.

niftyswifty wrote:
Hi Trancer.

Thanks for your reply. I can get access to a Windows 7 netbook?
Oddly enough I got an auto email from My Cloud stating a new version has been released over night. Can I update if I cannot access dashboard?

Some advanced Users are able to update the firmware manually via SSH. However, this is nor warranted, supported or recommended by Western Digital and may invalidate your unit’s warranty. As such, Dashboard access is required for a safe and supported firmware update process. it does not need to be carried from your main computer.

Hello,

I have followed the steps you have suggested in conjunction with Trancer’s suggestion of using a windows based machine and i am pleased to say it worked.

I opened internet explorer and typed in  http://wdmycloud.local/ and to my amazement it brough my dashboard up. On closer inspection and i am not sure which device is to blame but it would seem that my IP address for my My Cloud has changed on its own accord (certainly i havent done it as i dont know how to!).

Therefore when using my short cuts on my Macbook it was trying to access on the previous IP address which no longer exists. As soon as i got the new IP address from dashboard, typed that in Safari i took me straight there!

Why the IP address has changed is beyond me, but without you suggesting a windows based machine i dont think i would have solved it.

Thank you all for your help.

Why the IP address has changed is beyond me,

Unless you have set a Static IP, or set an infinite DHCP  timeout using your router, DHCP will re-allocate IP addresses as it sees fit; router reboot, MyCloud firmware upgrade or reboot, etc.

You are better off mapping the drive into your computer’s file systems, rather than using shortcuts; use the operating system to access a network drive properly. See 23 of the user manual.

1 Like