Darklight for SMP (Beta) - (UPDATED 9/10/2012)

Hi,

I’m encountering a few more problems now. 

1)  The folders aren’t updating very well.  Some newer files are there, but some that should have been there ages ago aren’t.  I’m wondering if this icon in the top right corner of some folders has anything to do with it.  The two that have it are my movies and stand up comedy folders, which are not up to date.  The third is my TV programmes which is constantly updating through SickBeard, but never has a problem!

2)  I’m also trying to put in folder icons for everything, but for some reason, some of them are working and others aren’t.  I’ve renamed them all to folder.jpg.  I’ve noticed that some folders have a hidden .wd_tv folder with nothing in it.

Any ideas?

Dom wd thing.jpg

2)  I’m also trying to put in folder icons for everything, but for some reason, some of them are working and others aren’t.  I’ve renamed them all to folder.jpg.  I’ve noticed that some folders have a hidden .wd_tv folder with nothing in it.

Any ideas?

Did you try my tip over at your other SMP forum post?

Cheers

Yeh, just done that.  Now when I try to browse my movies on the WD, I get an error message saying “Unable to build and save media library as the WD TV is unable to save data on the connected device.  Advance features such as sort and filter will be disabled”

Hmmmm.

I deleted the wd_tv folder again, and it’s working again, but the thumbnails still aren’t right.  The one for Drama is correct as is Sci Fi, but the other genres I’ve set up just have a random film that’s in the folder as the thumb nail.

Just been back through everything and Sci Fi is the only folder which doesn’t have a .wd_tv folder.

Dom

drpips wrote:

I deleted the wd_tv folder again, and it’s working again, but the thumbnails still aren’t right.  The one for Drama is correct as is Sci Fi, but the other genres I’ve set up just have a random film that’s in the folder as the thumb nail.

Just been back through everything and Sci Fi is the only folder which doesn’t have a .wd_tv folder.

Dom

• *Sometimes there is a .wd_tv folder just by itself and not in a particular folder, it maybe a master one, that has sub folders - movies,music etc or what you have named your folders.> Has this one been deleted as well?> Cheers

Yeh, I’ve just tried again, deleting every wd_tv folder I could find.

It’s now showing the correct thumb for the root “Movies” folder, but the drama has gone back to showing the first film in the list.  Apart from when you hover over it, the top pic is the correct thumb.

Dom

drpips,

After reading a few post’s and looking at your picture. It looks and sounds like your trying to use Media Library with the Darklight Theme. Don’t think it can be done. You need to use Thumbgen to create your movie information.

Yes I am using Darklight, and I have used thumbgen to generate the movie information.  What I’m trying to do is set up thumbs for the genre folders.

Dom

A folder can have any thumb that you want. Start with a jpg file.

If you don’t use the media library like me, rename your jpg file to folder.jpg and put in inside your folder. Some people here will try and tell you that this doesn’t work. Believe me, it does work as I use it all the time, but only because I DON’T use the media library function. If the folder.jpg file doesn’t exist inside a folder, then it will use the image of the first jpg file in the folder.

If you DO use the media library function then apparently you have to name your jpg file to be 1.metathumb because that will make it the first image file in the folder which is the one used for the folders thumbnail.

Is Darklight for SMP (Beta rel 0/10/2012) also the “final” version of this theme ? 

@Steffen_2009,

No, this is not the final version.  I have been busy with other things, not to mention my SMP bricked a while back and I just got it replaced.

@vakeda1,

This theme WAS meant to be used with the Media Library.

@dripps,

The problems with the thumbs not displaying isn’t an issue with the theme, the issue is with the SMP firmware not populating the thumbs.

Try clearing your media library.  If your using the most recent FW, you can also try rolling back the FW as some of these issues seem to have started with recent releases.

When I have some extra time though I will try to track down some of these issues and get back with everyone to see if there is anything that I can do theme wise to lessen the problems.  Like I said, I have been without a SMP for a while, so I’m going to have to do some catching up on what changes have been made in recent FW updates that have caused some problems with themes.

Quick question-

I am wondering if it is possible for TV show episodes to be sorted based on chronological order vs alphabetical. Prior to using Darklight it seemed to work but now I have to scroll through to find the proper episode to watch.

I have tried various versions of this format: Homeland - S02E01 or Downton.Abbey.S03E01 or Californication S05E01. You get the idea. Any help would be much appreciated. I’ve searched the forums and usually the answer is the episode naming convention, but given my various attempts I am guessing it is something else.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Yes, when you generate the xml in TG you need to make sure that it is “Episode Title” is being generated correctly.

Homeland S01E01 should be generated as: 01 - Pilot

Episode 2 would be: 02 - Grace

This should be done automatically.

This is how the SMP will sort the shows, 01, 02, 03, etc. as long as that is the way it is generated in the xml.

You also should make sure that you have the media library on and your accessing the files as “My Media Library”.

I wanted to start out and say thank you for this great theme. I am enjoying it quite a bit. I have one question, I tried to search but the search function seems lacking. If this has been answered, sorry.

Is the “Watched” or “Played” Indicator(Half Moon Icon in default theme) accessible in any way in Darklight? I have TV episodes all in one folder that it is very helpful to know which episode was the last one watched so that I can get to the next one quickly. If this is turned off on purpose, how hard would it be to add in back in myself?

Thanks,

Cryptic

I have been using this excellent theme for a while now. I followed the tutorials and have been using thumbgen for as long as I have been using this theme. Only recently, thumbgen started to not populate information from imdb or the movie db so now I am not getting movie descriptions or box covers. Oddly enough, fan art is still getting pulled in. Any ideas what might be happening?

http://thumbgen.lighthouseapp.com/projects/57477/tickets/307-broken-collector#ticket-307-2

http://thumbgen.lighthouseapp.com/projects/57477/tickets/306-thumbgen-not-working-collector-no-longer-gather-data#ticket-306-1

Bohemus wrote:

I have been using this excellent theme for a while now. I followed the tutorials and have been using thumbgen for as long as I have been using this theme. Only recently, thumbgen started to not populate information from imdb or the movie db so now I am not getting movie descriptions or box covers. Oddly enough, fan art is still getting pulled in. Any ideas what might be happening?

This issue has been discussed in many threads around the boards here. The API was changed for theMovieDB.org so the current TG is unable to get the content info. TV Series are still working since it uses theTVDB.com as the collector. Thread below has more info.

thumbgen v1.3.8.3 blank movies results/sheets

Seems a lot of us are waiting patiently  for an update.

-P

Hello!

My problem is that the moviename_sheet.jpg only show the right infos (codec, fileformat,etc.)

I installed thumpgen new and put all the file to the right place.

Thanks for help.

Stephan

SApitz wrote:

Hello!

My problem is that the moviename_sheet.jpg only show the right infos (codec, fileformat,etc.)

I installed thumpgen new and put all the file to the right place.

Thanks for help.

Stephan

thumpgen ? :wink:

Sorry i meen ThumbGen.

But this is no help for my problem…