Darklight for SMP (Beta) - (UPDATED 9/10/2012)

Tinwarble, thanks to your guide I managed to almost succed in getting Darklight to work.

The only problem I’m having is that the smp changes the backdrop to the cover box after a few secs and back to the backdrop…, how can you stop de SMP changing the backdrop to cover box? 

Onyxke wrote:

Tinwarble, thanks to your guide I managed to almost succed in getting Darklight to work.

The only problem I’m having is that the smp changes the backdrop to the cover box after a few secs and back to the backdrop…, how can you stop de SMP changing the backdrop to cover box? 

Read the first post, the solution is there.

Hi Tinwarble,

The theme is working great.  I love it.  However, I’m having issues displaying the parent folder thumbnails.  I decided not to do genre folders as I don’t have a huge collection.  So I basically have 2 main folders:

Video (folder)

Movies (folder)

movie1

TV (folder)  

Series (folder)

episode 1

I’m doing what is instructed… folder.jpg in the Movies folder and folder.jpg in the TV folder.  I’m using the genre folders you created.  That said, what’s displaying for the folder thumbnail in the Movies folder is the first movie in the alpha list,  not the folder.jpg.  

For reference, I’m running the latest firmware, streaming from a WD My Book Live NAS and accessing content using Windows Shares.

Any help would be much appreciated.  On a side note, was it a ‘No’ for folder sheets for your theme?

I just signed in to thanks you Tinwarble, for the wonderful job you did.

Your theme is great,I mean I have no shame to say is as I was not fond of  the mojo theme.

I had to make some  little changes (police size, subtitles info and folder icon and so on) to perfectly fit my needs.

If I was able to do so, it’s only  coz you explained all the process.To tell the truth I never heard of an xml file before (back then I thought it was an extreme bike competition kind of stuff;)

.Anyway thanks for yours explanations and you dedication as well.

And slatz4prez   when you use thumbgen make you sure you  that the box under the "generate thumbnail " is unchecked and when you choose a cover, only click on the green cross and not the generate button.You don’t want a a thumbnail file, you only need the ones  listed on the tinwarble tutorial.

When I use the term “folder thumbnail”, I’m not referring to what Thumbgen generated, I’m referring to the picture of the parent folder.  I followed the instructions.  I’m not sure what you told me to do would all of a sudden make the parent folder picture work properly?  I’m using the folder icons (I called the thumbnails) Tinwarble created:   HERE

Well I had this issue to be honest  :  every time I used thumbgen  to create a movie sheet , a thumbnail was generated as well, and was used as  the parent folder genre icon.no matter if already placed my own.

But it doesn’t seems to apply to your situation.So apart from giving the “folder” name at your thumbnail/icon ((and remind you to only have one parent folder for each genre and no sub-folders for your movies),don’t know how I can help.sorry.

Hey tin.

I’m having an issue where the sheet will not show.  I have successfully generated all the images and xml file and they look right in file explorer, but when I go into my SMP the covers appear fine, but the sheet at first just shows the darklight background, then flickers to just a black background.  I checked the xml file and I think it reads correctly…

ALICE\_IN\_WONDERLAND\_sheet.jpg ALICE\_IN\_WONDERLAND.jpg

Any thoughts as to why the sheet image will not load?

@CrewF24

That’s the incorrect format. It should look like this …

ALICE_IN_WONDERLAND_sheet.jpg
ALICE_IN_WONDERLAND.jpg

Check In Thumbgen …

Options > Input / Output Naming > Movie Info Export >.xml > Export Using WDTV Live Hub format

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply…

I saw that it was different then what a post on page 3 had… so I edited the xml file and it still doesn’t work.

Also, any idea what in my TG setup could be creating those <\name>?

Saw your edit, and that did fix it.  man i read that guide like 3 times and missed that setting.  Now… is there a way I can just regenerate the xml files with how doing it “manually”

@CrewF24

did you generate the .tgmd files ?

if you did … click Process files/folders   then click Create from Metadata

this will redo all the xml files automatically.

If you didn’t generate the .tgmd files … then sorry to say … you will have to start from scratch

I’m all set!  I did generate the tgmd files and the create from metadata worked great.  thanks again for the help and cheers to Tin for putting the work in to creating the theme and more importantly the documentation on how to implement it.

Was wondering if anyone know what’s going with the “There is no media in the current folder” message when I turn on the SMP with the theme installed. My hard drive is full of content but randomly out of no where I got this message on the screen when I power on the device, unplugging and plugging the hard drive back in the device seem to resolved the issue temporary. Should I update to the latest firmware? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!  

In the folder the sheet is named correctly (moviename_sheet.jpg) and looks right when viewed within Windows. However, when viewing on the WD SMP, my backdrop is showing complete black.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

[Edit]

Answer was on previous page:

Check In Thumbgen …

Options > Input / Output Naming > Movie Info Export >.xml > Export Using WDTV Live Hub format

I’m sure this was covered somewhere in the 32 pages of the thread… But can someone tell me if I am currently using Mojo can I switch over to Darklight without having to regenerate all my movies?

Thanks

im using darklight on my wdtv live hub , been through thumbgen settingd twice as shown in the tutorial , movie sheets info shows ok for each film but it wont show the coverbox any ideas why this is, i cant see anything wrong in thumbgen. thanks

edit: the first film i do in thiumbgen shows the backdrop , movie info and cover box fine but any film i do after that only shows the movie info and backdrop and wont show the coverbox. any idea whay this is or what i am doing wrong, thank :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just wanted to say THANKS to Tinwarble for making such an awesome theme…!!   After much trial and error and quite a few resets on theWDtv live I finally got this awesome theme up and running. Now…, my problem is I have over 700 movies on my drive that are all .iso files. I have 4 or 5 that just will NOT show up and just appear with a blank icon and no background. I tried resetting the metadata, deleted all the file info from the drive and started from scratch but no matter what I do these couple of movies just will not show any info. There is nothing wrong with the file itself because it plays without any flaws so I am a little perplexed. This is quite bad after all the movies that show up flawlesly to have these few come up blank is driving me crazy!!!  LOL … I even tried using different pics for the covers and so on but no luck…  Any help would GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!  Thanks for the help and even more thanks for making things like this even possible…! 

Hi,

I’m having a small problem with Darklight.  I’m almost certain its because I haven’t understood something properly, but I can’t figure out what, hopefully you can help.

I have everything set up with my films in a folder and I’ve done all the thumb gen stuff, but when I go into the films folder, when I select a film, it the description of the film is there straight away, with the pictures for other films at the bottom, but the background picture and imdb stuff doesn’t come up for a few seconds. 

I know it’s only a very small thing, but when you’re flicking between films it gets a little annoying.

Hopefully its something very small I’ve missed and somebody can help me.

Thanks,

Dom

@drpips

From Page(1)

To make moviesheets/backdrops semi-static, on the HUB, select Setup, then select Photo Settings.  In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

The couple of seconds delay is normal. (this is controlled by Firmware)

Tinwarble’s “Coco Linksheet” Theme will give you “Instant Backdrops”  (but Linksheets have limitations on the SMP)

Yeh I have the backgrounds so they don’t move once they come on, it’s just those first few seconds. What do you mean about the link sheets having limitations?

as I said, those 1st few seconds of blank screen is normal … That’s how the firmware works.

Use any other theme or even the default Mochi theme and you will encounter the Same few seconds before the picture appears.

Linksheets work differently and have an entirely different set of requirements to utilize them.

(SMP is Limited to 30MB free space for Linksheets … the Live Hub is Limitied to 1TB free space)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Attention-Themers-1-12-14-Mochi-OSD/td-p/499030/highlight/true