Darklight for SMP (Beta) - (UPDATED 9/10/2012)

Guys, please don’t change subject line.

As for folder structures, this might help.  (metathumb is only if you are using the internal scrapper.  For thumbgen always use .jpgs)

Main Folder

MOVIES/VIDEOS

FOLDER

Action

Folder thumb

folder.jpg or 1.metathumb

File

File_name (1).avi

Thumb

File_name(1).jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

File_name(1).xml

File

File_name (2).avi

Thumb

File_name(2).jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

File_name(2).xml

FOLDER

Comedy

Folder thumb

File

File_name (1).avi

Thumb

File_name(1).jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

File_name(1).xml

File

File_name (2).avi

Thumb

File_name(2).jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

File_name(2).xml

Main Folder

TV SHOWS

FOLDER

Show_Name

Season Folder

Season 1

Folder thumb

File

Show_name.S01E01.avi

Thumb

Show_name.S01E01.jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

Show_name.S01E01.xml

File

Show_name.S01E02.avi

Thumb

Show_name.S01E02.jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

Show_name.S01E02.xml

Season Folder

Season 2

Folder thumb

File

Show_name.S02E01.avi

Thumb

Show_name.S02E01.jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

Show_name.S02E01.xml

File

Show_name.S02E02.avi

Thumb

Show_name.S02E02.jpg or .metathumb

Metadata

Show_name.S02E02.xml

1 Like

Apologies.  Didn’t know changing the subject line was a no no.  Check.  The last thing I want to do is irritate.  

Are you saying removing the title name from all the files will clear up the sorting issue?  Or is there something with the underscore being used between words in the name? 

I’m not using the internal scraper at all.   All my TV shows are named according to what you are showing. BUT with the addition of  the episode title added by a renamer program.   

eg.  La Femme Nikita.S04E01.Getting Out Of Reverse.avi
followed by .tgmd, .jpg, .xml, cover.jpg, fanart.jpg, and sheet.jpg all with the same name.  Seeing as the numerical change occurs prior to the episode title I didn’t think this would be a problem.  Also, windows 7 & XP sort it just fine.  

My problem is that whenever I turn on the media library, the sorting becomes alphabetical according to the episode name instead of numerical according to the S04E01 convention.  
BUT…  Shamless, a series I was unable to label correctly, simply has
Shameless.S06E01.Episode1.avi .  Where the Episode # becomes the title, and gets sorted in a hexadecimal fashion if there are more than 10 episodes in a season.    

I know it’s a bit confusing, but I hope I am explaining clearly  how the problem is presenting itself.

Thanks for you thoughts. 

Hi,

This theme looks amazing, I’m brand new to the world of media streamers, so please bear with me.

If I download a film and put it on the networked drive (not in it’s own folder if I understand correctly) it will all work nicely, but where do the other 3 files come from?  Do they get added automatically?

Dom

What other 3 files? 

But no, nothing gets added automatically.

@Bloodshot,

Are you saying removing the title name from all the files will clear up the sorting issue?  Or is there something with the underscore being used between words in the name?

No, and those are just examples, you don’t need the underscore.

For TV Series all you have to do is have it something like this:

La Femme Nikita (folder)

Season 1 (folder)

La Femme Nikita.S04E01 - Getting Out of Reverse.avi (drop the “.” after the S#E#, this wiil save you some headaches, and unless you need it, you really don’t need the Episode title in the file name unless you just want it because it will be displayed from the xml).

Sort order should be fine if you have the Media Library turned on and are generating the .xml files correctly.  Sorting (when the ML is turned on) is by the .xml <title> name and TG should generate the title as “01 - Getting Out of Reverse” because it uses the Episode number and Episode Title for the <title>.  I also recommend that you Filter by Folder and not TV Shows, just keeps you from having to switch between movies and TV shows.

If it is still not sorting corrrectly, you may need to clear your media library, but check you files xml to make sure that it is generating the <ttile> with the Episode number first.

1 Like

Tinwarble wrote:

What other 3 files? 

But no, nothing gets added automatically.

An xml file and 2 jpegs?  The cover art and movie information. I saw something about this on the first page of this thread.

Dom

Read the Thumbgen Guide linked on the first post.

The link is not broken, just the viewer in Mediafire is down.  Just click on Download in the upper right hand corner.

Ahhh. so sorting is ultimately determinied by the filename.  SMP references the .xml data to determine the order of display .  and the .xml is created referenceing the filename…   Ultimately, it sounds as though if I just removed the titles it would have solved the problem… but I wouldn’t have known why.  :laughing:  Your explanation makes perfect sense of course. 

I’m not going to bother with sorting by TV show.  Just was something else that wasn’t working properly.  It’s probably all tied together.  I’ll test it and get back with results. 

Thanks. 

You wouldn’t believe how hard I have to work to be lazy. 

Ok.  Hmmmm.  As a test, I removed the episode title from the filename for all of season 2, so all are Showname.S02E0x.avi in this instance.  I then reset the device to factory to wipe the library.  Firmware is V1.10.13 and I have only added the parent folder of this show to the media library. 

Here are a few screenshots. 

First - the .xml file for S02E01 http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo322/biffboffo/xmlfile.jpg

The unit itself.  http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo322/biffboffo/WDTVLive_20121129_043702.jpg

The folder it’s in–> http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo322/biffboffo/folder.jpg

I’ve no idea why the moviesheet doesn’t show in the screenshot, or the details window on the right, but they appear on my screen.  Also the actor window is showing html.  ??

I’m guessing Thumbgen isn’t generating the xml file properly, and I’m completely out of my element there.  I checked all the settings in the Thumbgen guide, again…  Everything seems tickey-boo, but you can see in the xml that the episode name does’t include the episode #. 

Yeah, I see what’s happening.

You are generating the xml in movie format not in TV show format.  There are 2 different formats that the SMP uses.

You need to go into TG Options, Input/Output Naming, Main Moviesheet and change the drop down box to “Export using WDTV Live Hub format (new fw)”.  Use this for TV shows ONLY, for movies use the one without “(new fw)”.

TV Show xmls should be generated like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  01 - Pilot   Fringe   Pilot   1   1   2008-09-09   When all the passengers on a plane die, FBI agent Olivia Dunham investigates the events and her partner almost dies. A desperate Olivia looks for help from Dr. Walter Bishop who has been institutionalized. Olivia, Dr. Bishop and his son Peter begin to discover what really happened on Flight 627 and begin to uncover a larger truth.   2008   The series follows a Federal Bureau of Investigation "Fringe Division" team based in Boston. The team uses unorthodox "fringe" science and FBI investigative techniques to investigate a series of unexplained, often ghastly occurrences, some of which are related to mysteries surrounding a parallel universe.   60     8.5   TV-14   tt1119644   TV-14   Drama   Mystery   Sci-Fi   Thriller   Anna Torv/Joshua Jackson/Jasika Nicole/John Noble/Lance Reddick/Blair Brown   Alex Graves   Bad Robot   Warner Bros. Television   FB2 Films   Fringe.S01E01\_sheet.jpg   Fringe.S01E01.jpg     Fringe.S01E01.mkv   N/A

Oh, and there is an issue with the FW right now were local backdrops don’t display for TV shows.  This is a bug, so you will either have to wait for the next update or rollback to get that to work.  It’s discussed HERE for the HUB, but the same bug is in SMP’s FW.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the ticket.  Plowing through it now.  Many thanks, Tinwarble. 

Outside of just performing it’s function, I had virtually given up on this box doing anything interesting until I came across the custom themes.  Leave it to the community to provide what people want.  

I’m still with an older firmware 1.10.13 I think, so no troubles there.  I look forward to a day when I can cruise this forum looking to see what other people are trying to solve. 

Cheers.

All went well for 5 of the tv series,  All in order, with minor human errors, untill,  a whole season wasn’t in order.  Went to look at the xml file and got “parsing error: page is not well formed”.  Tried regenerating that season and same result.  Tried an episode from a different show. No prob.  ???  Tried impoting problem season episode and generating locally.  No joy.  The Flintstones… S02   All up to that is perfect.  Is there a cache/temp file associated with thumbgen that needs clearing?

FWIW, I was working TG pretty hard over wireless on my laptop and simultaneously on another installation on the PC.  Laptop in one hand, pc in the other.  Both versions are doing the same thing. 

SMP displays all episodes as 00- in gallery view.  Metadata is there, as is the episode cover box.

Again out of my element… but I’m winning… 

Try deleting the .tgmd files.

If that doesn’t work delete everything except the video, then try again.

1 Like

I’ve managd to set up most of this and it looks great. The only think I’m not getting is the background picture and the frame on the right with the IMDB rating and file types etc, I have got the move information though.  Had a look and think I’m missing the “filename_sheet.jpg”   I went through and thought I’d sorted about a dozen films,  but when I had a look on my SMP all the background pictures and IMDB stuff were just for one film, X-Men, regardless of what film I was looking at.

I went into the folder and saw a file called WD_sheet.jpg so deleted that, and now I just get the generic background picture.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,

Dom

Turned out to be a WD thing.  Power cycled the unit and cleared/rebuilt the media library.  All is in order now.  Top to bottom. 

For some reason the xml files for The Flintstones are unreadable (parsing error), but they order themselves properly just the same.  Just for that series.  :confounded:  Everything else works fine and I can open all the ofther xml files for viewing.  Further to that, opening the ones with the parsing error in Firefox, then right clik/ view page source, all the information is there and looks right. 

Pfffft.  I won’t tell if you don’t.  I’m done with this now.  Onto the music collection. 

Again, many thanks.  I couln’t have done it without you. 

drpips ---------   Yes,  “filename_sheet.jpg”  is the backdrop and the frame on the right. 

I’d go into the folder, delete everything but the video file, and then regenerate with TG but make sure you have a checkmark in the “generate moviesheet” box.  Options/General → frame on the upper right.  Tick it, hit ok, then save the profile. 

Guys I have a question.

My biggest issue with the WDTV is the grid view. In your view where the movies are shown in a 6X2 grid.

After I select a movie, can it show the details and synopsis of it, etc…

My biggest issue is when selecting this view, after opening the movie no details are shown with and just the poster is displayed. In order to actually see the details I have to select the view where the covers are lined up single file along the botth of the screen.

My collection is quite big and it takes a log time for me to browse through the movies. And it is also easier on the eyes when more movies are displayed on the screen…

Yes.  Press options/view info. 

Bloodshot wrote:

drpips ---------   Yes,  “filename_sheet.jpg”  is the backdrop and the frame on the right. 

I’d go into the folder, delete everything but the video file, and then regenerate with TG but make sure you have a checkmark in the “generate moviesheet” box.  Options/General → frame on the upper right.  Tick it, hit ok, then save the profile. 

I checked that but it is ticked already.  I tried doing it with just one film, 127 hours.  It didn’t create a file called 127 hours_sheet, but it did create a file called wd_tv.jpg which is the movie sheet for 127 hours.  If I do it for more than one film, all the films use this one file wd_tv.jpg so all have the background pic for 127 hours.

Weird