Darklight for SMP (Beta) - (UPDATED 9/10/2012)

Seems you need to go throught the thumbgen options screen again and make sure everything is checked where it should be checked.  Compare page by page the pdf against your options screen.  There’s problably something on the input/output naming tab out of whack. 

1 Like

Bloodshot wrote:

Seems you need to go throught the thumbgen options screen again and make sure everything is checked where it should be checked.  Compare page by page the pdf against your options screen.  There’s problably something on the input/output naming tab out of whack. 

Excellent, think I’ve sorted it now, thanks for the help.  You were right, for some reason I’d changed the main movie sheet on the input/output tab to $N/wdtv

I guess it was using the x men one beacuse it was the last I’d done and it was overwriting them all.

Thanks for your help!

Hmmm, still not quite right.  I have the movie sheets now and they seem to be working fine, but when I’m viewing them, it changes between the movie sheet which is spot on and the thumbnail which doesn’t have the IMDB stuff and also makes it harder to read everything with it changing.  It takes a couple of seconds to come up as well, so I’m guessing there’s still something amiss.

Dom

Yeah, that was covered once or twice in the last 25 pages. 

On the SMP under setup/photo settings/slideshow interval change to 5 min.  I have mine set to 1 min, usually long enough.  No you can’t deal with it any other way.  Everything has it’s limits. 

It’s actually on the 1st post, in GREEN.

Helps to read everthing.:wink:

1 Like

Helps to read everthing.:wink:

Haha, it certainly does!

Thanks very much, like i said before, looks great!

Dom

Everything fine with TumbGen, thanks for your documentation and the template, Tin  :smiley: !

Without them I would have been lost in that programme …

A question:

By scolling some cover-boxes of the Darklight theme shows with my generated files the moviesheet (with movie icons and movie summary text for the other view).  

Does someone know why and what I have to fix ?

Solved it …:smileyvery-happy: just had to clear the root .wd_tv folder and clear up the media-libary.

Now everything fine … there was some old cached-data there.

Does someone know why there are serveral hidden .wd_tv folders all over the folder structure of  the external USB-drive ?

All of them are empty … 

Yeah, I don’t really think anyone knows why it does that.

Best guess though, is that it’s may be used as some sort of marker.

Sort of like a dog marking all the trees in his neighborhood.:smileyvery-happy:

Oh dear, the W ild D og is trying to take control of my complete music and photo collection :dizzy_face::wink:

I think these multible folders came up the  first time generating the media libary.

When I manually process a movie do I need to press generate seperately in the Cover section?

When I just press the Generate them! and then I go to Process File/Folder menu I don’t see the cover photo in the file tree. I just get the file name without the little icon at its left. Is that normal?

If I press generate in the Cover section I get the little icon.

Moreover, what do I need to change in ThumbGen options for TV Series ?

My guess about these wd_tv files is that they are used to “resume” a show half watched.  I’ve noticed they are not generated until a folder is accessed. 

Regarding TG changes for processing TV series, under options–>input output naming–> change to “Export using WDTV Live Hub format (new fw)”. Only do this for TV series. 

2 Likes

I also miss the section with the ratings etc at the right:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8070i84BDBE07AEB7CA54/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Although I see it generated in Thumb Gen (I’m sure I use the correct templates). I double-checked the options (comparing them to the pdf guife), I’ll do it again.

Any possible things I might have missed?

haduken wrote:

When I manually process a movie do I need to press generate seperately in the Cover section?

No, when you generate it should generate everything.

When I just press the Generate them! and then I go to Process File/Folder menu I don’t see the cover photo in the file tree. I just get the file name without the little icon at its left. Is that normal?

Don’t know what you mean.

Moreover, what do I need to change in ThumbGen options for TV Series ?

Options / Input/Output Naming / Movieinfo export - change drop down box to “Export using WDTV Live Hub format (new fw)”

Everything else you need to setup Thumbgen and how to generate sheets, coverart and metadata is in the guide provided on the first post.  Read the guide and follow the directions therein.

Trial and error is the way :slight_smile:

It’s ok now, I have the ratings show up and it’s pretty cool.

Next step: TV Series.

One question though.

My files are in the external USB HDD. I have two folders in root: Movies and Series.

However in WD Live when I go to Videos there is another folder prior to them. So I go: Videos —> Folder , press OK, —> Movies/Series. If I go from “Files” I get a “2012/12/13” folder and then the other two.

I’m positive that this extra folder did not exist. Any ideas? Is it normal?

@bloodshot

"My guess about these wd_tv files is that they are used to “resume” a show half watched.  I’ve noticed they are not generated until a folder is accessed. "

Yes, that could be really the reason for it. I often asked myself, why does the SMP know where I stoped watching a movie and sugesting to continue from there .

Has someone tried to store a “linksheet” inside these hidden folders ?

THERE , on the external USB HDD would be enough space - using it with a SMP Darklight linksheet theme…

Hello everyone.

Firstly, thanks to the author for this amazing theme. I am very impressed.
I install it, no problem.

I use the “Darklight” template in Thumbgen, but I have a problem with the background of each movies.

As you can see here:

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=411461WDTVLive20121227172238.jpg

…There is no backdrop. Although I created them.
In my XML:

Expendables 2\_sheet.jpg   Expendables 2.jpg

So, why they don’t appear ? Do you have an idea ? :wink:
Thanks in advance guys.

PS: sorry for my poor english.

Your xml is being generated wrong then.

That’s not how it should look, it should be:

backdrop>Expendables 2_sheet.jpg

For some reason it looks like your sheets are being generate for actors or director.

You need to make sure that in TG that in the Options, in the Movie Info tab you set “Store links to moviesheets (the current settings for moviesheets will be used)”

And in the Input / Output Naming tab you set the drop down box beside Movieinfo export as “Export using WDTV Live Hub format”.

Sample xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  Men in Black 3   Men in Black 3   Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back...in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K's life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him - secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.   2012-05-25   Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back...in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K's life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him - secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.   106   [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyaFEBI\_L24](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyaFEBI_L24)   7.0   PG-13   tt1409024   PG-13   Action   Comedy   Science Fiction       Will Smith         Tommy Lee Jones         Josh Brolin         Emma Thompson         Nicole Scherzinger         Alice Eve         Bill Hader         Michael Stuhlbarg         Jemaine Clement         Michael Chernus         David Rasche         Keone Young         Cayen Martin         Mike Colter     Barry Sonnenfeld   Amblin Entertainment / Hemisphere Media Capital / Imagenation Abu Dhabi FZ / Media Magik Entertainment / Parkes/MacDonald Productions   MEN IN BLACK 3\_sheet.jpg   MEN IN BLACK 3.jpg   MEN IN BLACK 3.mkv\_sheet.jpg     MEN IN BLACK 3.mkv   N/A

If your’s doesn’t look like this, then your settings are wrong.  Make sure you go back and re-read the tutorial.

Ok man, you’re very awesome, it works ! :wink:

I have forgotten to  set the drop down box beside Movieinfo export as “Export using WDTV Live Hub format”.

Just a last question, I have two backdops now:

2012_sheet.jpg
2012.jpg

I just want the first line in my XML. I search in “Options”, but I can’t remove the second line.
I confess, I am a noob :laughing:

Big thanks to you for your disponiblity.
Mady

No, there’s no way to have just the one line exported to the xml.

If you follow the directions on the first post though about setting the backdrop as semi-static, you shouldn’t have to worry about it and you’ll probably never see the second (which is the coverart).