Darklight for SMP (Beta) - (UPDATED 9/10/2012)

I have looked everywhere. And since no one has mentioned it, I feel like such a noob. 

How, and where to do I install your " Coverbox Template"??

I like the reflections, and would like them to show up on my screen.

The Input / Output does not even have a cover sheet option in Thumbgen.

Do I det this template as Main, extra or spare? 

Thanks,

Gabe

How would I install the “Music Sheet template, Coverbox Template, etc…” for Music just like the sample on page 1?  I did it for the movies but not sure about the Music, please advise.

@areanji

Coverbox templates go in the same folder as the rest of the templates.  In the Thumbgen / Templates folder.

@Chandlerbing,

You can’t use moviesheets for Music.  The music view doesn’t have the ablity to use the photo slideshow function which is how moviesheets are displayed.

So how do you get the Artist title to show up on your MSP like the sample on page 1? thanks.

Filter by folder.  Structure should be like this:

Artist Name (folder)

Album Name (folder)

Track 1.mp3 (what ever the title name is)

Track 2.mp3

etc.

You may also want to set the SMP to display the Track name.  Setup / Music Settings / Audio Track Display / By Title

And how do you get the ALbum Artwork to display? thanks. 

Use folder.jpg for folders and Album_name.jpg & Album_name.xml in the album folder.

You also need to make sure that all you music is tagged correctly to match the naming.

How do you get the Album_name.jpg & Album_name.xml in the album folder?  Do you use ThumbGen? 

No, TG doesn’t work with music.

You either have to use Get Content info or you have to manually add it yourself.

and how do you do that? please advise.

Press “Options”, then select Get Content Info.

Thanks for the info, preciated!!!

“Anyway, you will need to download 3 files.  The Darklight theme zip file, the Darklight Moviesheet Template zip file which contains the moviesheet template and the Coverbox Template which contains the coverbox template.  You can download all of them here:”

Here is my question:  I am new to changing the THEMES.  I do love your theme.  I have downloaded the theme, and it works really nicely.

What do i do with the other two files you told us to download?   Please excuse my ignorance.

Those are for Thumbgen so that you can create moviesheets.

They go in the Thumbgen Templates folder.  If your new to this, then you need to download Thumbgen and run it once before it will create the Templates folder.  Then unzip the 2 Templates to that folder, once you have done that follow my guide from the first post.

Thx for replying so promptly.  Where do i find THUMBGEN (again excuse my ignorance).

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Thumbgen

Read the first post, the link for Thumbgen is there.

Ok, firstly, your help and patience are much appreciated, and many thanks for the theme.  It took forever to delete all prior wd_tv files and meta data, rename everything, get the folder structure right, oops no wrong… do it again bla bla… create the files, build a partial library… to get to where I am now.  

Quite an education. Starting with the easy part, I’m working my way toward a rather massive music collection, and want to be sure my folder structure will work - as well as troubleshoot a few issues.  

I haven’t added the music yet or even thought about the photos, however this is the folder structure I’d like/hope to use.  All my data is on a NAS (DS212+) on my home network.  I’m not concerned with a little lag to display the image.   I

Media Library

/                                                        \

Video                                                                               Music
          /                            \
Movies                                  Tv                                                    /                      \    

All Movies                      Tv ShowS                                      A                                  B  

TV Show                                 A Band                       B Band

Season S01                     Year-Albumname               Etc… 

Episode S01E01                            A song   

My movies display properly, all in one file.  Wooo.  Most of the “action” is in the TV shows however, so I’m trying to get that working properly first.  All the named TV folders appear alphabetically.   Excellent.

Problem:  Filtered by folder, the episode order is all messed up.  It took me a while to realize that the filter was ignoring the numerical naming convention and alphabetizing the episodes according to the series title added in the filename.

Eg.
OMG what a mess S01E01 _ P _lease shoot me.avi                   would appear after
OMG what a mess S01E05 _ I _ am going to freakout.avi               :confounded:

when it appears across the bottom of the screen.  BTW I’m using TW Episode_Cover_w_Banner for this, if that’s of any relevance. 

If I can find a solution to that, short of removing the titles from all the files,  I’ll continue to use “filter by folder” and be done with it.   At this point, that would really be ideal… but…  we’ll you’re the master here.  I’ll see what you have to say. 

Originally, I had hoped to filter using the TV Shows feature but when I tried that, my SMP only recognized one tv show, with one season, and one episode, and completely ignored the rest.  No movies, no nuttin.  Does this have to do with my file structure???  If so, what would alleviate it? 

Another question:  When updating a file with new metadata, options/rescan fails.  It scans, the light blinky blinky, but no updated data.  Similarly, if I want to change the folder.jpg for a folder, the old image persists.  Sometimes a power cycle will fix this, other times I’ve had to completely rebuild the media library, but deleting the wd_tv file in the specific folder of the NAS has no joy to this end.  Are these images stored in the SMP’s cache?  If so, is there an easier way to clear is and force and actual rescan? 

Apologies if this is answered somewhere in the 24 prior pages.  I’ve tried to bring myself up to speed.  Now it’s time to ask for help.  

I had the problem with TV episode in the wrong order and I found that the problem was with using S01E01 but I normally use S01.E01 (notice the full stop between S01 and E01) and this is fine. Its an issue with the WDTV box I think. Try using the period and see if “order is restored”.

I have a setup like yours (streaming from a NAS) but I don’t use the media library at all which means I don’t get sorting. But the way I get around this to some degree is using genre folders. Currently you have all of your movies in one big lump but it is easy to create another folder level with titles like Thriller and Action etc and then sort your movies into these. The good thing for me is that genres can be whatever I like. I can even create a “latest movies” folder to dump new content until it is watched then move the movies into their genre folders. You could even create your own folders for members of the family which contain their favorite movies. If you define your own genres it is relatevely easy to find movies (you can have as many genres as you like with any titles like “crappy movies my wife likes”). Still not a substitution for a search function but I think it works and aviods the media library feature. There are also community thumbnails you can download to give “covers” to the genre folders. Finally I am asusming you are using thumbgen to scrape all your movies and TV shows (which is what the media library is trying to do). With this metadata available to your theme you get all the thumbnails and pictures and sheets without media library turned on.

It would be cool if there was an android/apple app that could interrogate your NAS shares (maybe read your xml data) and give you a listing of all your content. You could then use this to find stuff.

you’ll probably get a better answer from the awesome and proper advisors on this forum but I thought I would throw in my two cents.

Thanks for your input. Yes, I’m using Thumbgen, and yes it gives me all the metadata I need to make things work. What I get from having the Media Library enabled are the views that come with it. Also, it allows me to by-pass sub-folders within “video” that I don’t want showing up. this makes it easier to drill down to where i want. I’m aware of the genre folders, and not set against it. It’s jsut that I only have about 30 movies right now, and can’t see myself with hundreds any time soon… subject to change of course. So, should I want to do that in the future, i already have the genre thumbs stored on the NAS. Edit to the last post is that even TV shows that don’t have the episode title after the S01E01 convention get their orders messed up if there are more than 9 episoded in a season. It starts to order them hexidecimally… or something eg. A season with 15 episoded will come up as 1,10,11,12,13,14,15,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Nice, eh? So, I’d be trading one problem with another by removing the titles Really hope there is an answer to this, and if there is time before I get a reply from the master of this thread, I’ll try your “full stop” suggestion on one of the smaller tv shows. If it works, that’s an awful lot of decimals to add. My handle seems more and more fitting every day. lol