Darklight (Beta v3) release - UPDATE 4-25-12

bruceleroy22 wrote:
Tin,

I am actually running 2.06. Will this work or would I need to upgrade to 2.07?

Thanks.

It should work alright on 2.06 (it is about the same as 2.07), but I would still recommend 2.07.

1 Like

Hi Tin,

I have come across an issue when trying to recreate moviesheets for this theme from the tgmd file and wanted to get your input. I added the Darklight templates to Thumbgen and used the Create from Metadata button to create the moviesheets and get the atached image. As you can see there is a rectangular box overlayed onto the movie info.

I was able to get rid of it only after removing the original Mojo template from the template folder in Thumbgen. Once I did that, I was able to recreate the moviesheet fine.

On a separate note, when using thumbgen, I selected all my movies in a specific folder and used the Create from Metadata button to automate the process, I ran into issues where thumbgen could not render for a majority of the movies in that folder even though they all had the tgmd files associated with them. Was wondering if you had any ideas why this would be happening? Would hate to have to manually re-do them again.

Thanks.

I am experiencing the same issue. I have all my Metadata files but  when i use Create from Metadata button to generate the new Sheets (to generate Darklight sheet and Coverbox), TG not able to render 95% of them. Could you please let me know if i need to do something else to fix this. Thanks!

bruceleroy22

I’m not sure what happened there, but you can either re-download the template, or you can go into the Darklight template folder and delete the 2 image files “Audio_Video_bar.png” and “DL_Gallery.png”.  That should fix your issue.

@sudheer

If your not able to recreate the moviesheets using Create from Metadata, it’s probably because you have corrupt .tgmd files.  This seems to happen sometimes with TG, especially if you created the .tgmd files from an older version of TG.  You will probably have to delete the old .tgmd files and then manually re-create the moviesheets and new tgmd files.

Tin,

I found that if I remove the Mojo templates from the Thumbgen folder, everything will work as should when creating the movisheets.

However, I am also in the same boat as Sudheer. I cannot create moviesheets from the tgmd files and I used the latest version of TG. Would hate to have to recreate all the files again.

You shouldn’t have to remove the Mojo templates, just the images that I stated from the Darklight template or as I stated delete the Darklight template and redownload it from the link on the first post.  It should work after that.  Also, make sure that the Darklight template isn’t in the same folder as the Mojo templates.

As for the problem not being able to regenerate from the metadata (.tgmd), then there isn’t anything I can do about that since that’s a problem with the .tgmd file being corrupt.  The only thing you can do is to delete the old .tgmd and then manually regenerate.

I have run into the same problem, but I haven’t seen it occur with that high of a percentage.  I usually only have about 2% or less of mine that will have a corrupt .tgmd.

folder.jpg isnt showing up anymore?

i have a Folder Icons-Reflection  icon in my hd movie folder but all i am seeing know is my first movie jpg. 2012 movie?

please advise

thanks

As long as you have a “folder.jpg”, then try this.  Put the HUB into standby, then from your PC open the .wd_tv folder and delete the “thumb” folder.  Unplug the power cord from the HUB, then wait about 5 secs and then plug the power cord back in.

i have  a problem i can se the backdrop but not the cover its the same when i use the test folder what do i do wrong im on the latest fw  sorry  english is not my best

That’s because, as stated in the first post,  you have to use FW version 2.07.17.  You can’t run the latest version and have this theme display correctly.

ok thx

HI!

Just wnat to give my thanks to Tinwarble for his help,and  the tutorials are great. got everything working great.

O… just wondering… If i have a external HD pluged in is there A  way to have all the movies comeup in one folder?

when i plug my external in i get usb1 ans wdtvhub hd. so  i have to nav back and forth between the to hd.

just curious… thanks!

Also. will there be any changes after the beta rels?

:wink:

mike

No, the HUB doesn’t allow for combining folders from multiple drives.

And yes there will be changes after the beta release.  The beta is just a preliminary release and not a complete theme.  However, the moviesheets and thumbs for this theme is set and will not be changed in any upcoming releases.

There is a way in the newest firmware. All you have to do is change the way it sorts from “folders” to "All’.

Just go into the movie section go into a folder and press the red or green button ( i think it’s green) and it will give you options on how you want to sort your movies. Just select All and you will never have to go into movies>wdtv again. It will just take you straight to your collection.

@nath999,

First, as stated in the first post, this theme is not for the latest firmware, so that is not really an option if you want this theme to display correctly.

Second, that is not combining folders, that is displayng all you files in one big clump.  As I stated, there is no way to combine FOLDERS from multiple drives.

Minor bug…This happens after you have been in the RSS feeds and return to the main menu. Don’t know if it’s related to using the 3.0 FW or not, but I thought I would let you know.

GREAT theme!!!

Well, since it only happens on the RSS feed it would have to be 3.00 related since the RSS feed wasn’t introduced until that version.

As stated though, I’m NOT supporting 3.00 so if you have issues using that version, then you are own your own.

Let me help you on this Tinwarble… it’s the same thing over and over.

If your using anything higher than FW version 2.07.17 then the features may NOT WORK!

Just read the notes guys!!!

Ahmrill wrote:

If your using anything higher than FW version 2.07.17 then the features may NOT WORK!

LOL!

I have been with this site since day 1 of buying my hub and I can’t express how important it is for groups like this to exist!

Just about every question you can think of has been asked and answered by those who DO know a thing or two about computers, networking and even theming.

Just READ the messages, subscribe to them like I do in RSS feed and absorb the many ups and downs of all the various firmwares and first hand experiences most of us have had with this product.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the themers and the others who have found work arounds and tricks and tips for this little device we are are struggling to find a 100% satisfaction level with!  Keep up the good work!

…and thank Joey and Tinny for their gads of time on their themes AND for their patience at having to be asked the same thing 5 or 6 different ways a day!  People…read the posts in the forum. Its there. It may be scattered across a few  dozen posts, but the info is there. 

Thanks again all! :slight_smile:

ps: Joey…can I use you theme on an un modden Xbox 360 slim ???  (joke) :smileyvery-happy:

Ahmrill wrote:

Yeah I read all that and I KNOW Tin isn’t supporting FW3.0 and I was very suprized to see the RSS feed even show up in Darklight. I like the theme enough to deal with these minor issues and as I stated I didn’t KNOW if it was because of the FW or not and thought I was helping Tin maybe locate a bug for those using the correct version of the FW. If I notice something else wrong I’ll certainly ask again just because it MIGHT not be FW3.0 causing it. I guess in the future I’ll have to add a disclaimer so I don’t get lambasted again. :slight_smile: