Darklight (Beta v3) release - UPDATE 4-25-12

Well, from what I can tell from your pics, in the second pic for Input / Output Naming, next to Spare moviesheet it should be “$M/$N” and untick the check mark next to “Generate dummy file at”.

Other than that I don’t see anything else wrong.   If you are still having trouble after though, just go back and re-read the tutorial.  If you follow it EXACTLY you shouldn’t have any problems.

Thanks TW

I now have these files:

Mad Max.mkv

Mad Max_cover.jpg

Mad Max_sheet.jpg

Mad Max.png

Mad Max.xml

Other than renaming the png to jpg it looks like I’ve got it right!

Thanks so much!

This theme has really changed the way we watch tv and pick movies at home… Lifechanging I tell you!

TW, just a question. Would it be very difficult to include the IMDB rating on the movie info screen? (when going options and the movie info)…

Is this something I could do myself?

I’m glad that you like the theme.

But no, I’m sorry to say that there’s no way to add the imdb rating to the View info screen.

Thanks for the Theme TW.  Just starting to get grips with it and moviesheets.  Makes the experience a whole lot better.

I have two questions (both kinda related):

Which XML file do I need to change to increase the font size on the Music ‘List View’ as they’re hardly readable from back here on my wee 32" TV.  Likewise, is there anyway to change the font size on the meta data on the movie sheet? If so, which XML do I need to modify?

Thanks again…

Hi rooker,

I had the same thing … well, too change the list view take rv_list_browse_page.xml

Or (because we have not the biggest TVs) we hope to get a bigger one at XMas … :wink:

Dooker wrote:

Thanks for the Theme TW.  Just starting to get grips with it and moviesheets.  Makes the experience a whole lot better.

I have two questions (both kinda related):

Which XML file do I need to change to increase the font size on the Music ‘List View’ as they’re hardly readable from back here on my wee 32" TV.  Likewise, is there anyway to change the font size on the meta data on the movie sheet? If so, which XML do I need to modify?

Thanks again…

Hey Dooker,

Glad you like the theme.  To make those changes:

rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

<text x=“289” y=“225” w=“693” h=“175” text=“@@overview” fontsize=“20” numlines=“8” linespacing=“1” textcolor=“0xcdcdcd” align=“left” />

&

rv_music_browse_page.xml

<text text=“@@focused_title” x=“122” y=“362” w=“1036” h=“34” fontsize=“32” textcolor=“0xcdcdcd” align=“hcenter” speed=“1” delay=“2” />

1 Like

Thanks TW, you’re a star.

Oh should have asked.  After modding the XML, rezipping, and uploading will my moviesheets need done again?

???Do you have the HUB or SMP?

If you have the HUB, then there is no zipping involved.

Sorry, it’s the SMP I have.

You shouldn’t have to unzip and re-zip the theme, depending on what zip program you are using.

The only thing you should have to do is open the zip, click on the the xml that you want to edit, edit it, then save it then click back on the zip file and it should ask you to update.  At least this is the way it works with WinZip, I can’t reallly speak to any other zip program.

Also, the thread for the SMP version of Darklight is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Darklight-for-SMP-Beta-UPDATED-9-10-2012/td-p/407350

If you have question regarding the SMP version you should post there.  Just helps to keep things straight, because the HUB verison is different (designed for an older FW version not available for the SMP) than the SMP version.

I love the Darklight Theme!

I’m having trouble with Thumbgen.  I have followed the instructions very carefully and I feel I have a very good understanding of the program.

After Unzipping the darklight template into the templates folder of Thumbgen, I open the program, change and save all the required options, and start creating my moviesheets.  What’s happening though is when I click the green check mark next to either the movie information or the thumbnail, it is not placing it in the actual main sheet of the moviesheet.  I’ve checked the default template and some other templates and it does update those, however I am having no luck with the Mojo or the Darklight_sheet.  Any thoughts as to why I can’t get any information to show?   Is it even supposed to show or is the .XML file going to overlap it on the screen.

It does show the background image and the icons only.  Thanks for your help.

I’m not sure exactly what you are having trouble with.  If you’ll post one of the sheets you’ve generated it might help me understand what you are having issues with.

TW…I was able to figure it out.  In Thumbgen, when looking at the moviesheet, I was thinking that the moviedata would show up on the moviesheet within the program.  I had seen some templates that did this, however it works perfectly on screen.

I do have another question though.  In most views, the file extension is showing at the end of the movie title (the only one it doesn’t is the one where you can see the moviesheet).  Do you know of any trick to have the file extension hidden (ex. Avatar.m4v or Contraband.mp4).

Thanks!  Loving the Theme.

Do you have your media library on?  And do you have your content source set to My Media Library?

Yes on the media library being on.
Where do I check what I have for the content source? Everything shows fine except for the file extension. In looking at your screenshots, I see that in certain views you also have the file extension showing (.mkv).

Yeah, that was from older FW, the newer FW should not show the extension.

Select Videos, press the red button on the remote, select My Media Library.

If your files are on a NAS/Network Share you’ll also need to add that share to the media library.

You also may need to clear your media library.  Setup/System/Media Library/Clear Media Library.

Hitting the red button in videos gives me the option of local storage, network storage, or media server. All my content is on the local storage between the hub internal drive and a 2TB USB drive. “My media library” is not an option that I see.
I am running FW 2.7.17.

I also tried clearing the media library and repopulating and that did not change anything. I appreciate the ideas so far.

Sorry, I forgot which thread I was in.:dizzy_face:

With 2.07.17 you can not get it to not show the extension in the other views.

However, you can update to 3.07.14 (don’t update to 3.08.14), which will keep the extension from showing up,  then download the SMP version from here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Darklight-for-SMP-Beta-UPDATED-9-10-2012/td-p/407350

Then create a new folder on you PC (name it “Darklight”) then unzip the files to that folder.  Then copy that new folder to your HUB.

However, if you do this you will have to download and use the Coverbox Template in that thread and then re-generate your coverboxes.  If you generated the .tgmd file though, it won’t take that long because you can select all your folders and then use “Create from Metadata”.  It take me about 5 min to re-generate about 80 files (depending on how fast my computer is running at the time) and it’s all automatic.

If you decide to do that though you should do one file first to make sure that it is generating correcttly and if you get stuck let me know and I’ll try to get you on the right track.